Eighteen [Just Fine]

Desmond POV

When I saw Reign, cradling Tremaine's limp form to her chest, I automatically kicked myself into gear. No longer Desmond, Dr. Camden taken his place. I called to Samson so that he could help Elijah get Tremaine inside. While they set things up downstairs I rushed upstairs to get my supplies.

When I got back downstairs the guys had pushed all the furniture to one side of the living room and bought in the kitchen table. All the windows had also been sealed. I instructed Dante to go back to Elijah’s and Sophia’s cottage, and to take the ladies with him, and to stay until I sent for them.

I was suddenly hit with a feeling of déjà vu. Soph’s transformation was very similar to this, with a few differences of course. I started barking out orders to Samson and to Elijah. The sooner I get to work the better, I thought. Elijah nodded in agreement.

“Samson get my bag and lay everything out, Elijah I need you to keep Tremaine’s heart beating.”

And without hesitation they both got to work. After Samson was done I quickly dismissed him.

“Go and help keep an eye on the girls.” I demanded. “Elijah and I can take it from here.”

Turning my attention back to Tremaine: Elijah was doing hands only CPR effectively forcing Tremaine’s heart to beat. We can do this I thought to myself, and Elijah gave me a look as if to say we've done before we can do it again.

But Samson was still implanted in his same spot.

"Um.... Desmond," he began but snapped his mouth shut. Effectively breaking Desmond's concentration, looking up at Samson with an expression that says spit it put already.

After taking a much needed breathe came his reply, "It looks to me that Reign has already injected her venom in him."

This is when I spotted the bloody bite makes all over his still form. I had assumed they were injuries cause by the crash.

RPOV

Took a shower hoping to wash away the pain and the emptiness that seem to spread itself deep into my soul. But it didn’t help, my mind still reeling with the recent events. I pick up the first thing I saw and threw it on. I don’t really care. All I care about is getting back down stairs to Tremaine. I know they’ve done this sort of thing before but I’m still worried about Tremaine. After doing everything I could to stay out of Doctor D’s and Elijah’s way. Marion was trying to console me but I couldn’t take it and headed for the stairs.

The guys were still hard at work. My heart sinking with every passing second, and every minute feeling like an eternity. If he doesn't survive this, God knows I hope he does, I will never forgive myself. How can I will tell his grandmother that I let him die. She will be completely heartbroken. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Desmond was putting his tools up and Elijah had stopped pumping Tremaine’s heart.

“That should do it,” Doc said with certainty. "If it wasn't for your quick thinking, injecting your venom, there wouldn't have been much we could do.

“Everything will be just fine, trust me.”

“Thank you for everything,” I told them both.

Heading over to the table, I pick up Tremaine's now cool body and carry him up to my room. After laying him down on my bed I lower myself to the floor beside Tremaine. Picking up Tremaine's hand and I place it up against my forehead, I began to pray.

Lord the last time we talked I was in the same situation Tremaine was in. I know that was a long while ago. But I come to ask you forgiveness and that you would have mercy on Tremaine's soul. If he survives this for this day forward I promise to do everything by your will. Amen.

Slowly I rise from my place bside my bed but only to lay down beside my the only man I truely love.

Tremaine I hope you an hear me, I love you and I wont leave you.

"It's hard to wait around for something you know might never happen; but it's even harder to give up when you know it's everything you want."

-- Author Unknown