Six [Gone]

Reign’s POV

I began moving so fast that I was sure that I would be invisible to the humans. As I ran towards the ocean I began to replay my last vision. I was careful not to miss even the smallest detail. Then I notice that the human girl is the other vampire woman who appeared in my second vision… And I assume that Joshua may have changed her also. I reach the ocean and without thinking about it I jump in. Ruining the recent work on my appearance.

I swim for hours, not exactly sure where I am headed, but I have a feeling that soon I will find out. And I am positive that I will find what I’m searching for when I get there.

I swim for a few more hours before I saw any sign of land. When I got to shore it took me another five minutes to figure out where I was. Seattle, Washington? Something about this place is oddly familiar. The sun is starting to rise so I need to find a place to stay until it sets. I spotted a hotel and decided to check in. As I walk into the lobby of the hotel I was assaulted by the sweetest fragrance I’ve ever inhaled. I went straight for the front desk where this beautiful human man whose name is Tremaine greeted me. And he smells even better than he looks.

“Good morning, ma’am and welcome to Seattle. What can I do for you this morning?” His voice is like music to my ears, and my heart fluttered as he spoke.

“Um yes, do you have a king suite available?” I asked.

“As a matter of fact I do.” He typed in a series of numbers and asks me for my id. I gave it to him knowing that I look completely different but he doesn’t say a word. He looks up from his computer and hands me my id, room key, and a sheet of paper with his number on it.

“Enjoy your stay, Miss.” He says with a charming smile

“Reign,” I say.

“Miss Reign,” I smile back and walk towards the elevator. As I walk away I can hear his thoughts loud and clear wishing that I would use the phone number I now held in my hand.

My hotel room is beautiful. It looks like one of those rooms off of MTV Cribs. It was white trimmed in gold the bedroom was sectioned off. It was crimson and also trimmed in gold. The room had an apartment-sized kitchen, not that I would use it. And the bathroom was also white and gold and complete with a jacuzzi, fit for a star.

Once I’m settled into my room I pick up the remote and started to flip through the channels. I began thinking about that Tremaine guy at the front desk. His scent. intoxicating, his smile so warm and gorgeous. Sexy, handsome, cute were not the right words to describe how good that boy looks! He is exceptionally captivating. I became so wrapped up in my thoughts of Tremaine that I didn’t even notice that someone was approaching my door. I waited for them to knock before I open the door. I was not surprised to see the dark-haired vampire who starred in my visions…

“Hi, I’m Alice, I…I mean Alex. May I come in?” she says in a voice that sounds like bells.

“Sure, please come in,” I said without hesitation. “Hi Alice sorry Alex, something tells me that you already know who I am?”

“Yes I do,” she said, “Scarlet Denise Reign Johnson.” I really shouldn’t be surprised but I am.

“Um, ok wow.”

“I know a lot of things about you. You prefer to be called Reign, you are a very special vampire, you have many gifts, and you are only just a newborn… 6 months.” She said all of this with a huge almost annoying smile on her face.

“Well, how did you know that I would be in this particular hotel?”

“I see things, plus I waited for you in the lobby.”

“You sound like a stalker,” I tell her.

“Well I’m not and I think you know that already,” she said “you are a mind reader; I also think that you have another gift but I’m not exactly sure what it is right now.”

“Is there anything about me that you don’t know?” I inquire.

“Nope!” she says almost jumping up and down.

“So you know all about my search for my creator… and my search for you and your coven?”

“Yup!” she says, “I also know that someone is about to knock at your door in three, two…”

Knock knock!

I look at her and mouthed “Tremaine” to her and she just nodded. I didn’t need conformation I would know that scent anywhere. I open the door and there he was with that brilliant smile of his.

“Yes?”

“I just wanted to come and check on you,” my heart flutters when he smiles at me. I told him to hold on and I walk away from the door. Calm down I can hear Alex telling me with her thoughts.…  Walking back towards the door; I hand him a note. Call my room when your shift is done.

He smiles at me once more and we say goodbye.

I turn to Alex only to see her smiling back at me.

He likes you, she thought.

“I know,” I say aloud.

“And you like him too.” That’s not really a question, but I answer her anyway.

“Yeah Alex, I guess I do… I mean he’s the first human man I’ve seen since my transformation." Sure I flew past them countless times. "But how can I feel so strongly about a man I only just met hours ago? And I never felt this way about Joshua.”

“As you said Reign, Joshua was your lover when you were human; your past life” she explains, “But Tremaine is now your love. See once we vampires fall in love we will forever love that person.”

This all is a lot to take in at once. It’s crazy but I’m glad I have Alic-lex to break things down for me.

But even still, Alex is really starting to annoy me.

I felt the electricity running through me and then I had another vision. I saw Joshua standing in a meadow, and he just took off running… something was obviously chasing him. The next thing I know he was being mauled by this pack of huge mutant wolves. My eyes went wide… and I started to sob with rivers of tears trickling down my now puffy eyes..

“Reign?” Alex asks with a puzzled look on her face.

“He’s… he’s dead?!” I scream. “Gone…?" sobbing harder. Alice was no longer smiling her face became serious.

“Reign, I was going to wait to tell you this but Joshua was killed off a few months back.”

 She tells me all about her brother and sister in law. Apparently, he had it coming. While I listen to her story, I wince a few times and continue sobbing.

“Reign… I’m so sorry,” she says trying to comfort me.

“No, no, no,” my words barely audible. “ It’s not your fault… they were just doing their jobs.”