Ignitable - Chapter Twenty Five

Sophia...

Successful and pleasant dinner with my parents - ✔

Mum and dad fully on board with our wedding - ✔

Amazing post dinner sex with my hotter than hot fiancé - ✔✔✔

We needed them fully on board. I needed them fully on board. With Christmas only being two weeks away, the shop is as busy as ever and I have temporarily moved into the shag pad, just until we get the moving in date for the farmhouse. Oh, about the farmhouse! The beautiful farmhouse! I didn't think I could fall in love with bricks and mortar, but I absolutely did. As soon as my feet had touched the flagstoned floor of the hallway, I knew I had crossed the threshold of our together home. With its abundance of character features and its homely and airy feel, I knew that Cade and I could be truly happy there. But it wasn't until we had walked out amongst some of the beautiful acreage that the property so wonderfully has, that my heart was completely sold on the house. Without hesitation, Cade put in an offer, which was accepted later that evening. It was an exhilarating moment, let me tell you.

Life is indeed full throttle at the moment. We are both functioning on adrenaline and excitement alone. So much is going on. Life-changing things are in the process of happening, but we honestly couldn't be happier. Our happy feet don't seem to be touching the ground at the moment, because there is sooooo much to get organised.

Firstly, our wedding.

Cade will be closing the door to Lapley Law Firm at the end of March, which gives him enough time to find new business premises. He has seen a few that appeal, but his main priority is currently the wedding. We only want a small and intimate one. We will marry at the registry office and have the reception at mum and dad's. Over dinner, the lovely idea had been kindly offered, and Cade and I gladly accepted it. We are going to hire a pretty marquee that will have an LED dance floor, giving it a magical feel. And a friend of Jemma's is going to be our DJ for the night. Flowers, will of course, be done between myself and mum. Cade will hire a suit and I shall hire a dress. I used to think that I would want a big and lavish wedding. But when Cade proposed, I just wanted to be his wife almost as quickly as he wanted to be my husband. To me, it no longer matters whether our wedding is organised over the course of three years or three weeks, all that matters, is that we are getting married.

People can think what they want, all they want.

I know that Cade certainly doesn't care...and neither do I.

We love each other.

We want to be together.

We want to marry as quickly as possible.

So we are.

On New Years Eve, I will marry the most loving man I have ever met. A man who has been put through so very much in his relatively short life. He grew up so closed off from love, but with me, he has opened up his dormant heart. I feel so glad about that. I'm also glad that I can always make him laugh. He isn't a man who has laughed very much in his life, but now he does, and it's a sound that I simply love to hear. Regarding Margaret Lapley, Cade won't even speak her name. He was determined to walk away from her and the law firm, and he will do that. Although I know he feels bad for what happened to his mother, their relationship is one that is now irreparable. Too much hurt and pain exists between them. And I think that Cade has come to accept that. In order to make peace with his past demons, he knows he must accept that he and his mother are unable to have any kind of relationship. Which is unbelievably sad. But it's just how things are to be between them. Sometimes, a relationship can be just too broken to be any other thing.

But as I stare down at my precious engagement ring, playing with the dazzling round bezel-set diamond, it represents our beginning. It's a beautiful beginning that puts a smile upon my sleepy and very content face.

"Is that dreamy smile because of the two orgasms that you've not long had, or is it that little diamond?" Strolling back into the bedroom after having a quick shower, Cade is wearing nothing but a killer-charm smile.

Stroking the delicate gemstone, I get wonderful rolls of excitement at the dewy sight of him. "Both." I tell him, continuing to stare down at my exquisite ring. "Actually, I was thinking about all that this ring represents for us. It signifies the beginning of our lives together."

Like a prowling cat, Cade creeps across the bed in a slow and sexy way. "It does indeed." He crawls up to my chest, staring up at me with those desirous spheres of his. "You make me feel alive, Sophia. Every thought, every feeling...." He pauses, only to place a deliciously firm kiss upon my waiting mouth. "Every touch." He sexily whispers. "It's like I am experiencing them for the very first time. You ignite something inside of me, something that just feels amazing." Bringing the weight of his body fully down on me, he stares deeply into my sentimental eyes. "I'm so glad that I approached you on the night that I saw you at the bar. I'm even gladder that I bumped into you at the restaurant when it was your birthday." He pauses again, smiling at something that only he himself is privy to. "And I am beyond glad, that you came to see me at my office." His fingers start playing with my hair that messily lies against my pillow. "I love you, Sophia. I love you like no other love that there is. With you, is where I belong. I have never belonged anywhere before, but with you, I honestly can say that I do. You make me feel alive and you make me happy." Kissing me again, this kiss is more slight and more sensuous. "I just want us to be forever happy, forever alive." Softly kissing me again, he then satisfyingly draws away from my pouting lips, with a big smile beginning to erupt across his relaxed and alluring face. "Thank you for agreeing to be my wife." Not knowing how to rightly reply to all that he's just so beautifully said, I decide not to use any words at all. Instead, I fling my arms around Cade's neck, crashing my lips into his. My kiss is heartfelt and clumsy. There is no coordination whatsoever to my ungraceful and domineering kiss, but it is a necessary and a clumsily passionate one. I love Cade. I need to show him the love that I feel, because my words have overwhelmingly failed me. Holding him ever so tightly, I kiss him until my lips can kiss no more. "Wow! We had better save that kiss for only the bedroom. I think it might be deemed as highly inappropriate on our wedding day." Cade is chuckling now, his forehead resting against mine as his fingers stroke the round edges of my shoulders. "That was a happy kiss, right?" His smile becomes crooked with mischief.

Pushing him off me with a little laugh, this time, I am able to reply. "Right." Then I playfully pull back the duvet, patting the space beside me on the bed. "I want cuddles, and I want them now!" My voice becomes all diva-ish, teasingly diva-ish.

Grinning widely, Cade quickly hops into bed. His strong arms then soon engulf my body, cuddling me with all of his masculine might. Nestling in against him, I mould myself to the shape of his loving body, knowing that I'll now be able to fall soundly asleep.

Here, I feel safe.

Here, I feel loved.

Here, we both belong.