Prologue

^ Karen at the top ^

Okay, not that I think anyone would steal this story (but since there are apparently some people out there) I feel the need to write this message. Don't copy my story or claim it as your own. Just don't do it. You'll honestly regret it later when I find out. Writing a story is hard (even if it's not perfect) and it's annoying when people try to take all of the credit after you did all of the work. So again, watch yourself. I'm not as nice as I seem. Honestly, I will mess you up. Both Physically, Mentally, and Financially. Don't make me be that person. 😅😬

[PLEASE READ]To all the people trying to question me about my choices of picking a random character to play Karen, it isn't that serious

[PLEASE READ]
To all the people trying to question me about my choices of picking a random character to play Karen, it isn't that serious. Just because I post a 'lighter than normal' (what you said) black girl doesn't mean I'm 'anti dark skin' and if I post a dark skin woman it doesn't mean I'm 'anti light skin' do you realize how dumb that is? I understand that a lot of people are hurt because they tend to put 'lighter skin' women in the media more, with 'looser hair types' and everything. I get it. But we're all black. We have to support each other and stop creating divisions among ourselves. I'm only one person, I don't represent the whole world, so if you want to start seeing a change then you need to start being that change. Instead of complaining write a story that mirrors what you believe and what you want to see. Much love. But I'm not going to sit here and let people label me things that I'm not. If we want to see a change in this world WE have to do it, we can't just keep blaming other people when that change doesn't happen.

Prologue        "Now Ms

Prologue
       "Now Ms. Palate, I want to be sure that you know exactly what you're signing up for. The contract says you must care for Mr. Foster for a year. There is no backing out, no matter how unbearable he may become. If you don't complete the entire year, every penny that you have made will have to be paid back to Mr. Foster in full. No exceptions." The older woman, known as Juliana, reminded her for the thousandth time as they stood inside of the large castle like building. Karen anxiously wrung her hands together. Sure she was having second thoughts about taking the job, but then again who wouldn't?

She would be taking care of a blind man for an entire year who she had never once met. Rumors had it that he was by far the rudest, most hateful man anyone had ever had the un fortune of coming across, but she needed the money. Had to have it or - she shook her head - no, she wouldn't think about it.

She turned back to the older lady, managing the best smile that she could, trying to hide just how nervous she was before the words slipped effortlessly out of her mouth.

"I'm sure. Where do I sign?"