Chapter 6

*Louis' Point of View*

I walk downstairs, deciding it's time to face Summer. The boys see me, before Summer turns around. Her smile drops and her eyes widen. "Louis." she whispers, shock in her voice. I slowly make my way to the counter. Everything hurts. I got into a fight at the bar last night because I got way too drunk. I sit down and the boys leave the kitchen along with Athena, who I remember from a year ago. Summer comes over and sits across from me. "Louis." she whispers again. I look up at her and see the pain in her eyes. Even with her makeup, you can tell she had been crying all night and she had bags under her eyes. Then I look at her arm and see.... the cuts. I feel anger raising in me again. Half at Summer, half at myself. She promised she would never cut herself again, and I'm what caused her to do it.

She must have seen me looking at her arm, because she covers it with her hand. I look back up at her. "Louis, what happened?" she asks, not meeting my eyes. "I went to the pub and got drunk. Then I was still mad, so I got into a fight." I mumble and see her eyes water up. "So I am the one that did this to you." she whispers more to herself, closing her eyes. A tear runs down her cheek and I wipe it away. "It's all my fault." she whispers, another tear falling down her cheek. "No it was me. I shouldn't have gotten mad about something so stupid." I say reassuringly. "It's just like with Jason! It was all my fault and I always hurt the people that I love." She mutters, putting her face in her hands. I go over and wrap my arms around her. I've never seen her so depressed. "No that wasn't your fault either. That was the guy who crashed into you's fault," I comfort her, and whisper, "And you promised me you wouldn't cut yourself anymore." She takes in a choppy breath. "It's always me. I should have died instead of Jason. Everyone liked him better." she yells into my chest. I tighten my arms around her as she cries. "Sh, Summer. Stop crying its my fault, okay? No one else's, and no it's okay. It wasn't your fault with Jason either." I assure her and we stand in the kitchen like this for a while.

*Summer's Point of view*

I stand there crying into Louis' chest. "I'm going to go clean myself up." I tell him and he nods. I go upstairs and take a shower. When I get out, I pull on my Jack Wills hoodie and some jeans. I cover up my red eyes with some make up and go back downstairs feeling kind of happy now. I come downstairs to see Harry and Athena flirting with each other. I laugh and sit next to Zayn. I kiss him and whisper to him "Everything is okay now." He hugs me and whispers into my hair, "Good." I look at everyone. "Okay I have something really fun planned today to do." I say loudly because everyone else is talking. "What?" everyone asks, stopping their conversations. "Cliff diving!" I announce enthusiastically. I get a different reaction from everyone. Louis has a big grin on his face. Zayn looks like his eyeballs are going to bulge out of his head. Liam shakes his head heavily, of course Daddy Direction is concerned. Harry and Athena are just looking at me, their mouths open in surprise. "So? Cliff diving?" I ask again.

After a moment I finally get answers."Hell yeah!" Harry, Louis, and Athena say at the same time and I laugh. "No." Liam demands. "Well that's four to one. We win." I say while running upstairs to get my bikini on. I throw it on and put shorts and a hoodie over top. I grin anxiously getting my shoes and heading out to the car. Five minutes later everybody gets in with their stuff. I don't know why they agreed to go because this is a crazy idea, but it seems fun. I drive to a cliff I know that not a lot of people go too, but it's a good cliff. We get out and Harry and Athena are flirting still. "Oh god, what am I gonna do with them?" I chuckle to myself as I strip down to my bikini. Zayn takes his shirt off and notices I'm staring. "You're staring Summer." he winks at me and I blush. "I'm going. Anyone else?" I ask everyone, gesturing towards the cliff. Zayn comes next to me and says "I will." I smile and count down out loud as we hold hands. "1.." I say anxiously and I breathe in "2..." I breathe out "3!" I yell. Zayn and I jump, hand in hand, together. It feels so good with the air on my skin. It makes me shiver but I like it. Suddenly I feel the burst of cold water hit my body. I stay under as long as I can because I love the feeling of being under water. I come up and see me still holding Zayn's hand. I blush and he kisses me. I wrap my legs around him as I smile into the kiss.