Chapter 1

I sit in the airport waiting for my childhood best friend who I haven't seen for months. It was hard to plan out but I'm finally seeing my lou-bear again. Yes, Louis Tomlinson from the famous One Direction. Lou and I have been best friends since I was three and he was five. Our moms went to the same college. I saw Louis after he got back from X-Factor and now I'm waiting for them to come back from their Europe tour.

Oh, let me introduce myself. My name is Summer Adams. I am 18 years old and am sitting very impatiently in the airport chair. While waiting, I check my hair with the reflection from my phone, making sure every blonde strand is in place. I check the time on my phone in the process. 3:00. Their plane should be landing any minute now. When I hear the man at the desk say "Flight A28 is now landing.", I get even more impatient. I haven't seen Louis in what feels like forever. The other boys are coming with him and I haven't met them yet, but Louis said I'll love them.

When their plane lands, I run to the gate door. My eyes scan over the crowded entrance, looking for Louis. When I see him, I yell "LOUIS!" and start running toward him. He turns to see me and I jump onto him, pulling him into a hug. "It's so nice to see you Summer." Louis says when we pull back from our embrace. I smile up at him, not believing he's finally here.

I gesture toward the four boys who are standing there awkwardly. "Are you going to introduce me?" I ask in my most polite voice. Louis nods and leads me over to the rest of One Direction. He points to a short blonde. "This is Niall." Louis smiles and I shake Niall's hand. Louis moves down the line introducing me to them all. I learn their names are Niall, Liam, and Harry. When we reach the end of the line, the last boy catches my eye. He has spiked black hair and an easy-on-the-eyes face. Louis puts his arm around him and says "This is Zayn" I shake his hand and smile at him. In my most flirty voice I greet him sweetly, "Hello Zayn.". When Lou finishes telling me the boy's names, he puts his arm around me and says cheer-fully "Boys, this is Summer."

After introductions, we grab the boy's many bags and head for my car. The boys are going to be staying at my house while they're on break. They would be staying at Louis' house, but with his sisters, there isn't enough room. Louis helps me throw the bags in the boot and I hop into the driver's seat. Louis jumps in beside me and turns on the radio, blasting it full volume. The song "Glad You Came" comes on and Louis and the boys start shouting it more than singing it. "Sing along, Summer!" Louis yells over the other boys. I'm reluctant since my voice isn't exactly what you would call "good". But after a few songs, I loosen up and we sing the whole way home.