Chapter 5

I start, "Well.. me and Zayn have been together for a couple days." I look down at my feet, feeling guilty. I hadn't done anything wrong though... right? "And when were you going to tell me you were dating?" Louis asks. I look up at him, trying to read his emotions. His face is blank but I can hear the irritation and hurt in his voice. "We're not exactly dating." Zayn says cautiously. "Then why the hell are you sitting on the beach snogging?!" Louis exclaims, raising his voice. "At the hospital, when everyone was asleep, Zayn kissed me. We both like each other, a lot. We just weren't sure how you were going to feel about it. That's why we were stalling. We were worried you were going to get mad." I mumble, still looking down. "You're damn right I'm mad!" Louis yells. "You guys are my best friends, and you've been practically dating behind my back!" I flinch at his tone. Louis has only gotten this mad once, when he found out I drank a beer when I was only 16. Louis is always looking out for me, he’s like my older brother. He walks back to the boardwalk as I sit there frozen. I let a tear roll down my cheek and Zayn wipes it away. "Just let him cool down." Zayn coos holding my chin so that I look into his eyes. "He just needs to think."

I don't want to lose Louis, he's my best friend. I need him! We have done everything together. I look away from Zayn. "I'm kinda hungry. Can we go get something to eat?" I ask. He nods and we walk up to the boardwalk. We don't see any of the other boys so we go into this little restaurant . We get a table and sit across from each other. I'm still sad because of Louis, he can hold a grudge and stay mad for a while. Zayn interrupts my thoughts by grabbing my hand and saying "Just don't worry about it Summer. I hate seeing you so upset." I smile and blush and we go back to talking.

After a few minutes he says, "I really like you Summer, Will you go out with me?" I blush. "I like you too Zayn. Of course I'll go out with you." I answer, grinning like a mad man. We kiss and I pull back as he intertwines our hands. Our food gets to the table and we eat. When we leave and go outside I see all of the other guys on a bench talking. We walk over to them and once they notice us they get up, gathering me into a group hug. "We were worried about you, we thought Zayn raped you!" Niall exclaimed and I burst out laughing. "I'm so offended that you guys think of me like that!" He says as he makes a pouty face and pretends to act hurt.

We sit down on the bench after we control our laughing. Then I notice Louis isn't there. I sigh sadly and snuggle into Zayn's chest. I look over to the other boys to see them looking at me and Zayn. "What is going on here?" Liam asks us raising an eyebrow. "I called DIBS!" Harry yells almost seriously and I blush. "We're kinda together." Zayn answers Liam, while looking down at me. "That's what Lou must have been mad about. He mentioned something about Summer and Zayn." Niall muses and I nod my head, feeling tears well up in my eyes again. "Do you guys know where he is?" I ask them, a desperate tone in my voice. They all shake their heads with concerned expressions. It's already getting dark. Where are you Lou?

*Louis' Point of View*

I walk down the boardwalk, fuming. I don't know why I'm so upset. I guess it's because they didn't tell me. My own bestfriends practically dating, and they're hiding it! They pretty much lied to me! The other reason I'm mad is because I told the boys Summer was special to me, like an adopted sister. I also told them that she was off limits, just like my real sisters. I shake my head, trying to sort through all my feelings. "Were they ever going to tell me?" I ask myself, doubting that they were. It's just weird for me, my best friend, who's like my brother, dating my best friend that's like my sister? I turn and find myself infront of the place I've been trying to find. I walk into the pub and sit down at the bar. The waitress asks me what I want and I reply "Five shots." I'm going to regret this in the morning, I know. But for now, I just need to have a drink.

*2 hours later*

*Summer's Point of View*

We've been looking for Louis for an hour now. "Louis!" I call out, hoping we'll see him. No such luck. I start getting really worried, tears welling up in my eyes again. Liam puts his arm around my shoulder. "It's alright, Summ. We're gonna find him." he says reassuringly. I nod and sigh. The question is, how long is it going to take? We turn and see and look into the pub. I see a figure with a striped shirt passed out at the bar. I elbow Zayn and point to the person. "I think that's him." I whisper, hopeful that we found him. Liam must have heard me because he walks in and goes directly to the figure. He turns back to us and gives us a thumbs up, then throws Louis on his shoulder. My tears well up with happiness that we found him. Then my smile disappears when I see his face. He has bruises on his cheek and a busted looking nose. He must have gotten into a bar fight. "He's really beat up." Harry says, also shocked when he see's Louis' face. Tears well up in my eyes and some escape and roll down my cheeks. Louis looks distressed and I know I'm the one that's done this to him.