Chapter Nine: New Doctor

3 weeks later it was my ultrasound for 7 months. I had been visiting my real family every week at least once and spending the day with them. Dexter always wanted to go too. Dez warmed up to us and actually smiled when we were around now. I loved my family and started calling them mom and dad. Mom decided she would tell Jer and Kyler that she was alive next Saturday. I had invited them all over to my house so that she could. She was nervous, but I think they would react better than I did. As for school, everyone was already spreading rumors. I really couldn’t give a damn though. However, Dex was pissed. He assumed it was Elliot right away and I actually figured it was too. I had to stop him from doing anything though since I was completely fine with it. We still haven’t told his parents, or sisters.

Dex wrapped an arm around my waist as we walked back to the room. I sat down on the table and pulled my shirt up to my boobs. He gentle laid me back and I smiled at him. I think he enjoyed these more than I do. He sat next to me, one hand in mine, the other rubbing my stomach soothingly. The door opened but instead of it being Ted it was a different man. It was Elliot.

I asked, “Elliot?” He turned and seemed just as shocked to see us.

He said, “Hey, I didn’t know you guys went here.”

I asked, “What are you doing here?”

He replied, “I work here. I am an assistant.”

Dex asked, “Then what are you doing in here?”

He looked down at his clipboard, “Well, Dr. Gilbert couldn’t make it in today. He still wants someone to take care of his patients though. So, you can both cancel and make another appointment, or you can get another doctor.”

Dex glanced at me, “When is the next available appointment?”

Elliot looked at a few papers, “It looks like Saturday at 7.”

I shook my head, “We will just take another doctor.”

Elliot asked, “Are you sure? Since this is your 7th month you have to keep this doctor and can’t go back to Ted.” Dex looked at me, as if asking if that was okay.

I said, “That’s fine.” Elliot nodded and Dex kissed me. He smiled gently, how can he always be so understanding?

Elliot said, “Okay, I will get another doctor in here in a few. Congratulations by the way.” I nodded in thanks and he disappeared out the door.

Dex said, “Are you really okay with this? I mean, we can always get an appointment after Saturday if you want to stay with Ted.”

I shook my head, “its fine Dex. We might like this new person.”

Dex said, “But we don’t know them. We don’t know how reliable he or she is. We don’t know if we can trust them.” I pulled him forward and kissed him.

I said, “It is fine.” He nodded as the door opened. We both looked up to see my dad…

Dex said, “Lucas?” My dad spun around and his eyes widened.

He said, “Hey Kyra, Dex. I didn’t know you were one of Ted’s patients?”

I nodded, “Well, I guess I am your patient now.” He nodded and the door opened again. Elliot came in and sat at the computer, typing a few things.

Dad said, “This is my assistant Mr. Lockhart, he should have already been in here.” Dex started laughing.

I said, “Yeah, I knew Elliot before I met you. He and Dex are friends at school.”

My dad nodded, “Good, then you will get along.”

I chuckled, “I get along with everyone.”