Chapter One: It Starts With A Party

“I will kill you for this later, Ren!” I complained. My best friend, Lauren, just laughed at me. She was pulling me towards a house that was throbbing with music. People holding blue, red and yellow plastic cups were pouring out of it.

I was sitting at home, just relaxing and watching TV when Lauren called a girls’ night. My boyfriend had just broken up with me and moved a month or so ago and I hadn’t left my house aside from school. School didn’t help though since I was the loser and was bullied all the time. Yeah, that really racked up my self-esteem. Lauren dressed me in a blue jean skirt that went to my mid-thigh and a light blue, skin tight, long sleeve shirt. I had the sleeves pulled up to my elbows and added black heels. I finished with a simple black beaded necklace and gold hoops.

Lauren led me up the small steps to the open door. It smelled heavily of sex and alcohol. What did I let her get me into? This reminds me of a black hole, you won’t see light until morning though. The music was past blaring, the throngs of people were jumping up and down with the beat.

She yelled, “Awesome!” She pulled me to the kitchen. She grabbed a bottle of beer and shoved it in my hands and grabbed one for herself. She took a swig. “Will you promise me something?”

I asked, “What?” We went back to the living room and entered a room full of people but it was quieter.

She asked, “Let loose tonight, and do whatever, nothing bad will happen!” I sighed as she gave me the puppy dog eyes. I shook my head. She hissed, “Fine, let him be the reason you turn into a hopeless little nobody that has no friends.” My jaw dropped. So, I told you I get bullied, with people I don’t know it doesn’t matter, but when it is by my one friend I get pissed off.  

I asked, “What?”

She said, “You heard me. I am done being your friend because you are just a worthless little bitch!” Yup, that was the last straw. She drags me out of my house, to a stupid party, and yells at me when I say no: to getting high and drunk.

I hissed, “Fuck you Lauren!” Then I punched her. She stumbled back evidently shocked and right into a group of people staring at us. A dude caught her from falling on her ass. I shouted, “Stay the fuck away from me!” I left the room still fuming. I chugged the rest of the beer on my way to the kitchen and slammed the bottle into the garbage can. There was a group of people doing the game, ‘if you ever’.

A boy smiled at me, “You wanna join?” I shrugged and joined the circle. The boy that asked me said, “If you ever had a one night stand at a party.” Everyone except me drank. He raised his brow, “Really?” I shook my head. He chuckled.

The girl next to him said, “If you ever went commando to a party.” That one I drank to. The burn as it went down my throat felt abnormal.

The other guy cocked his brow. He asked, “Are you now?”

I shook my head, “Nope, I am not today.” There is something you should know about me; I was flirtatious before Chase, my ex-boyfriend. I wasn’t popular, but I was a party-goer. So, when I get drunk, that one of me comes out.

An hour later I was drunker than a skunk. That is a bad figure of speech, but still, you get the point! I found out that the guy that invited me to play was gay. His boyfriend came over and kissed him making me giggle. I am not one of those drunks unless I have Tequila…I just thought it was cute.

I voiced my thoughts, “That is so cute!” Beau chuckled.

His boyfriend asked, “And who is this?”

Beau said, “James, this is Kyra. Kyra, this is my boyfriend James.”

I grinned, “I love your name!”