To Riverdale and Back Again Part Three

"Alexandria Andrews if you don't come out right now I am going to drag you out by your beautiful ginger hair!" Veronica shouted from outside the bathroom door. Even though I was being somewhat threatened by her I couldn't help but continue to stare at my reflection in the large gold framed mirror. The front of my dress was a classic little black dress that lent itself to my figure well, but the back was two intricate wings of layered black feathers. I had winged my eyeliner purely for the joke but the dark lines made my eyes seem infinitely brighter. "Alex!" Ronnie yelled slamming on the door knocking me out of my trance. "I'm leaving!"

Opening the door I let out the breath I had been holding and met Veronica's eyes. "How do I look?" I asked fiddling with the silver arrow ring on my middle finger. "Be brutal."

"Alex, you look beautiful." Her eyes widened as did her smile as she took steps around me to get the full effect. "Let's get you to Reggie."

**********************************************************************************************************

Walking into the dimly lit room with Reggie Mantle on my arm was something I never thought would actually happen. The sounds of my uncomfortable black stilettos was drowned out by teen chatter and a generic love song playing through some amplifiers near the stage. "Reggie, I have to find Kevin really quick but do you mind grabbing me a drink?"

"Absolutely, I'll find you in a minute." Nodding we parted ways as I made a bee line for a particularly dapper looking Keller.

"Do my eyes deceive me or is that Alex Andrews looking better than me?" Kevin asked in utter shock as I reached him and Joaquin. "If I wasn't so extremely gay that look would have me on my knees." Joaquin nudged him jokingly with a smile knocking Kevin out of his trance. "You really do look amazing."

"Thanks Kev, you two look pretty gorgeous yourselves." As Reggie found us and handed me a cup I saw my brother and Veronica up on stage. "Any intel on what's happening up there?"

"Apparently we have some upbeat covers to look forward too. Betty and Jughead told your brother his music makes people want to slit their wrists in a good way." He said shaking his head as he looked at the duo on stage. "Let's just hope this goes better than the variety show."

"Let's just hope this is better than the first Riverdale homecoming those three went to." I say looking at my Dad as he walks in with Mom and Mrs. Lodge on each arm. "Let's move far, far away from that." Grabbing Reggie's hand I leave Kevin and Joaquin to their own devices and move towards the stage. I see Betty in a heated conversation with her mother before they separate and she moves back to Jughead.

As Archie and Veronica start their rendition of 'Kids in America' a look of disgust crosses her face. Considering she's dating Jughead she should be more supportive of her friends. Looking back towards the stage I leaned into Reggie who put his arm around my shoulder. "So what do you think? Better than the variety show?" I asked with a smirk.

"Much better." He says with a laugh. The song ends and we all clap except for Betty who storms towards the stage leaving Jughead in the dust. "Why is there always some drama between those three?"

"The world may never know, but I do need to go handle something. I'll be back I promise." He reluctantly lets me walk away towards the hallway where the Scooby Gang stands.

"Uh, Archie can I borrow you for a minute?" I ask looking between them all. "It's kind of important."

"Now isn't really a good time Alex." Ronnie says carefully. Betty refusing to tear her eyes away from Jughead ignored my presence and keeps on with the previous conversation. I look at Veronica hoping to get some indication of what they did after she dropped me off but all I can hear is Betty pleading with Jughead. "Maybe you should go back inside, Reggie is probably looking for you."