The Outsiders Part Three

Last night got even more intense once the guys finished up. Some thugs showed up and destroyed a generator and left Moose with some pretty gnarly scars and bruises. I would've told the Sheriff when he showed up, but that would've meant saying it in front of two football players who didn't know and I would like to keep it that way.

Today was also the day of Polly Cooper's baby shower. What a surprise, I hadn't been invited. Either way I wouldn't have voluntarily put myself in a room where I may have to face the wrath of not one, but three, Coopers. Before she had disappeared Polly and I somehow got along worse than Betty and I. She never really cared for my attitude towards the football team and with her dating Jason she was an accessory to my beliefs.

I had barely even woken up from my nap when I started getting a rush of messages from Jughead and Veronica.

Jughead 🖤👑 - I know I'm doing this for Betty but I don't know if I can come out of this a man.

Ronnie 👄😍 - Why did I do this again??

Jughead 🖤👑- So if you get messages from people about my dad don't listen to them

Ronnie 👄😍- Did you know about Jughead's dad????

Jughead 🖤👑- Please just this once listen to me?

Ronnie -👄😍 I'm coming over to your place as soon as this thing is over we need to talk

Jughead 🖤👑- I have to talk to Betty but I'll be back at the house tonight we need to talk

The message 'we need to talk' almost never ended up being a good one. I checked the time and it was nearly five. I went to my closet and grabbed some plain denim shorts and my black and red checkered flannel. I didn't worry about shoes since apparently everyone was coming to me, but I did grab some black knee socks to keep my feet warm.

When I heard a knock downstairs I rushed down to see a very concerned Veronica. "You didn't answer any of my messages! Where were you all day?"

"In my bed, asleep. Like I usually do when I don't have anywhere to be." Stepping aside I let her in and followed her upstairs to my room. "Why what happened that needs my attention so desperatley?"

"Jugheads dad is a Southside Serpent, Cheryl is trying to high jack Godmother from Betty, your brother was at a bar full of gang members last night! You missed everything!" She plopped herself down on my bed with a sigh. "Please tell me nothing happened with you that is gonna add to all of this?"

"Well actually some things did happen the past few days but you were so busy with the baby shower I didn't have a chance to tell you." I trailed off as I sat down beside her. "I told my dad about the whole Evan and Betty thing, we were supposed to go to the police department today but after some thugs came to the site last night and beat up Moose we had to put that off. Oh and I mayhavekissedJughead." I said rushing the last part as I felt the heat rush to my face.

"You what!" She shouted suddenly alert. "Please tell me I heard that right because I will hate you if I didn't!"

"I may have...kissed Jughead yesterday morning. And he may have kissed me back for a few minutes."

"Oh my god Alex! I'm so proud of you! What did he say? What did you say?" I had never seen Veronica look so excited before. "I need details!"

"Well we were talking about what happened, or really didn't happen, after we talked at that football game and he asked me if I could do anything in the world what would it be. And so I just went for it." I started smiling just thinking about what happend in this very room. "Then he said it shouldn't have happened because of Betty and everything but I told him I wasn't gonna give up unless he told me to and he stayed quiet."

"So what's the master plan? How do you get the guy of your dreams?"

"Well I don't know how to get Tom Holland, but to get Jughead I have to remove Betty from the equation. That means telling the Sheriff what happened and telling everyone the real story so Betty can't use it against me anymore. Then once I have total freedom to spend time with them I coax Jughead out of the relationship and pray that it all works out for me."

"Damn girl well good luck. Now that I know all this I should probably go back and talk to my mom. But as your best girl friend you are to text me if anything else happens do you understand me?" She said in a stern tone smiling the whole time.

"Of course." We hugged and she made her way out. I stayed in my bed waiting for the door to open a second time with Jughead.

For the first few minutes I just lay in my bed. Then I watched TV, did homework, ate dinner, showered. I waited and waited until the sun was gone for the day and so were my hopes. I couldn't know for sure if it was because of Betty, maybe it was something with his Dad. All I knew was none of the good things seemed to matter when the bad things happened.