To Riverdale and Back Again Part Two

When I got to school I found a concerned looking Kevin at his locker. "Kevin if you keep scrunching up your face like that it'll get stuck. What's wrong?"

"Well the dance is this week and I really want to go with my boyfriend, but I've never really gone to one of these things with a boyfriend. I haven't even had a real boyfriend before this. I just don't know if now is the right time to officially tell the world its official."

"Breath Keller! You and Joaquin were completely enviable at Jughead's party last week and anyone who sees you in the hall already knows exactly how you two feel about each other. The only difference is now you two have to stand a little further apart." I said with a smirk as his face turned beet red. "It will all be fine. At least you have someone to go with."

"Oh please don't tell me you've managed to somehow stay single through all this. Lonely boy Jughead is even going and a school function is the last place you'd ever find him." He closed his locker as we walked down the hall. "What about Reggie?"

"Reggie Mantle? As in the guy who heckled my brother, locked me in a classroom, has his head up his ass?"

"Alex, if you want a date there is no way he would say no to you. And even after all that you can't lie, he is a nice piece of arm candy." He stopped me in my place and stared at the end of the hall where Reggie stood with Moose laughing at something on his phone. "Just ask and you shall receive." He finished with a wink before pushing me and walking off in the other direction.

I stopped for a second thinking about all the horrible things that had happened recently. After Jug's party and my room being ransacked a date with Reggie didn't seem all that bad. Before I could even step closer I felt an arm drape itself around my shoulder and saw none other than Evan standing beside me. "Oh what the actual hell do you think you're doing here?" Throwing his arm off me I took a few steps back.

"Babe, it's homecoming week. Do you really think just because I left the state for school I would forget my alma mater? Plus, this gives me the chance to see my favorite girl in daylight and you sure are a sight for sore eyes." His blue eyes slowly raked up and down my body landing on my chest. Quickly crossing my arms I scoffed.

"If you think you can just parade around here I'm sure Principal Weatherbee will have something to say about it. You might be an alum but if he sees you distracting a student from her duties he will surely ask you to leave."

"Now don't be petty, I came here to ask one question and make my way out." Rolling my eyes I tried to step past him to make an escape but was once again held back. "So what do you say, homecoming? I'll pick you up at 6?"

"Actually she already has a date." I heard from behind me. When I looked it was Reggie. "Right, Alex?"

"Exactly. Reggie and I are exclusive which means I can stay exclusively away from you." Stepping away I moved to stand next to Reggie who wrapped a protective arm around my waist. Evan rolled his eyes and looked between the two of us.

"There is no way you would down grade that far! Mantle is nothing next to me!"

"Reggie is far more of a man that you'll ever be. Now if you don't mind we have a class to get to." Grabbing Reggie I pulled him down the hall and past Evan until we were mostly alone. "Don't get me wrong, I'm happy you saved me, but when exactly did we make up?"

"Alex I'm so sorry for everything that went down between us. I know I didn't make the best choices but I was at that party and even if you're still mad at me I couldn't help but do that. We don't even have to go if you don't want to." He said looking down guiltily.

"You know what, let's go together." His head snapped up and a bright smile crossed his face. "Come by my place at 6. My parents are gonna want pictures and I'll want a milkshake from Pops."

"Sounds perfect. I promise I won't let you down Alex!" When the bell rang Reggie pulled me into a quick hug. "Thank you, really. You won't regret it." He stepped back, still smiling, and turned off towards class.

"What was that all about?" Veronica said stepping next to me.

"Looks like I have to go dress shopping after all."