Episode 11- Hey Mr.Gangster

The amount of times Katherine had imagined coming home had not included being bound and gagged with a dog collar wound so tightly around her neck that she was sure she would get throat cancer.

For Alexander to pretend like he wasn’t enjoying this immensely was like saying cheese wasn’t dairy. The proud smirk he had on his face as he dragged Kate out of the private jet was enough to want to make her burst into tears and curse him with a good dose of cruciatus.

“You’re an asshole to think I’m going anywhere near the manor!” Kate spat, her nose the same color as the bruise that was blossoming on her cheek. It had taken a long twelve-hour trip to her hometown to realise just how tender the skin on her face was.

Alex laughed as if this were funny to him, though from the tense line of his shoulders, Kate knew that he was still bothered by what he had done. Unfortunately, he didn’t care enough to actually release her.

“It doesn’t matter what you want, my little dove. What matters is that I get you home, get us married, and get what’s mine,” he leered at her over his shoulder. Kate shuddered, ordering a chuckle from him. “Though you are a nice addition, trust me.”

Kate shot him a look that wasn’t the least bit pleasant. Alexander’s emerald eyes flickered over the mass of people, all of them being so busy with their perfect little lives.

In all honesty, he had always been jealous of them. Sure he had gotten the top education, the best women, anything he had ever wanted, but they had something that he did not; something that irritated him to the point of sleepless nights. They had freedom. They and people who genuinely loved them. Sure, he had been allowed to do as he pleased, leave Ireland when he wanted, but he had never done what had not been expected of him. Maybe that was why he loathed and wanted Kate. She was the embodiment of the life he pined for, to raise the middle finger high and just scream ‘fuck you’ over and over again, preferably standing somewhere high up. It was like the time he’d climbed up to the top of the tree that had Kate’s old tree house perched on it and fell off the top, breaking his arm in the process. He had known what would happen, but there was that rush of euphoria as he stared down at the cute blonde girl screaming at him to get off the tree in rapid French. He had known what it was like to fly.

He glanced behind him at Kate who was looking at what she thought to be sneakily at the people around her, looking for an escape. He was jealous of her. She had had a lick of what he had always desired, she had known what it was like to grow up without your mother, or your father, and god knows how many relatives breathing down your back. In all honesty, he had been happy for her when she had tucked tail and run. One of them had to escape this hell hole, though a slight part of him despite the fact that it hadn’t been him heading for the hills. For years since her disappearance, he had spent so much time studying her every move, waiting for Jean Du Monde to snap his fingers so he could collect her. That was something he would never envy Catherine for. She was never truly out of her father’s grasp, every time she turned her back he was following slowly behind her. She was trapped, and sometimes she didn’t even know it.

Kate’s eyes were fast, efficient as she spotted what she knew was her only chance to freedom: the bathrooms. Maybe it was stupid to think, but she knew Alexander to be too much of a puss to run into the ladies restroom. As far back as she could remember, there was always some sort of back door or an open window. Hell, maybe even in honor of Terra, an air vent.

Looking up from under her eyelashes at Alexander, she cleared her throat. “Xander,” she said breathlessly, using the name she had used since childhood, effectively startling the man. Alexander felt the familiar blush heat up his neck, the tips of his ears flushing pink.

“What?” he said warily, coming to a stop. The red fabric leash that was Ruby’s dangled leisurely through his fingers.

“I have to use the bathroom... lady issues,” she added hastily. Kate almost smacked herself in the head. God, what an idiot! Was that all she could think of? Luckily, Alexander had been in an all boys Irish boarding school for far too long to notice.