Episode 9 - Free Falling Fail

Trust Fund Babies

Copyright (c) 2011 TvSeriesInABook

All rights reserved.

Written by: Sierra (SheMakesTimeDisapear), Audrey (TheAudOne), Tara (xangelsmomx), and Sheena (crimsonnebula).

Edited by: Alexandra (Sephira).

COPYRIGHT: this story, Trust Fund Babies including all chapters, prologues, epilogues, and associated content (i.e fanfics, teasers, and content within blogs, social networks, and eReaders) is copyrighted under Copyright, Designs, and Patent Act of 1988. Any unauthorised copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution, or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law. 

P.S. THANK YOU YUSHER05 for the fantastic banner!! Btw, Sad chapter = sad music! <:(

****************************************************************************

Swish swish slap!

A sharp punch buried itself into the wooden karate dummy, Panterra’s knuckles aching from the impact. Terra could feel her muscles coiling effortlessly before shooting a harsh kick into the dummy’s side. Her breath came and went like wind through grass, her lungs expanding. It had only been hours before when she had talked to Morag and the tsunami of memories that had hit her was too much.

A faded image of Xavier, her former best friend - brother even - ghosted in the corners of her mind, his subtle smile making her heart ache. It hadn’t exactly been easy to leave the gang behind, or give them up; in fact, it was one of the hardest decisions Panterra had ever made. But she had to - for Kate and mainly for herself. She knew she deserved a better life than that of beating up rival thugs and drinking until she couldn’t even use her own two feet.

The older blond sighed before straightening the dummy’s crooked head again. She felt as if she could’ve been going for minutes, but knew it was mere hours. It was easy to lose yourself in unharnessed, blinding anger.

“Terra?”

Sweat glistened slightly between her shoulder blades, her choppy blond hair sticking to her high cheek bones.

“Terra, are you ready?” Kate subconsciously touched the corner of her jaw as she watched Terra gravitate around the wooden dummy. You would think it’s a living rapist from how she’s been beating on it, Katharine thought exasperated.

Kate’s eyes caught the carefully detailed black sharpie lines on the crown of the head and the blue dots placed in the center of the eyes. It had been just two hours that Terra returned from the hair salon with absolutely NOTHING different when she disappeared for another four hours to train. What the hell was wrong with her? “Five more minutes - I’m trying to knock off his head,” Panterra grunted out, a dew drops of sweat appearing from out of her hairline. Kate pulled out her Droid from her bra before scrolling through her documents online. A name in big bold letters flashed ominously at her:

On September 25th, a chilly and clear skied Sunday morning held in its hands the death of a family man and great great grandfather, Allan Gero. Reporters say that Allan was found dead in his home, assuming to have passed peacefully in his sleep.

The article trolled on about how great and fantastic he was and whatever other nice adjective they could use on a dead person. Well, that’s nice to know, Kate thought kindly. Using the tips of her fingers, Katharine went back to her previous page where the bank of his trust fund and life savings laid untouched. Apparently he wasn’t too family oriented or else he would’ve left his money to someone, she thought smugly. The bank was located not only ten miles away, but it was ridiculously easy to break into. The security was almost shameful.