Trust Fund Babies: Pilot Episode

Trust Fund Babies

Copyright © 2011TvSeriesInABook

All rights reserved

Written by : Sheena (crimsonnebula), Tara (xangelsmomx), Sierra (SheMakesTimeDisapear) and Audrey (NinjaComesNaturally)

Cover and Banner by : Susan (Spicychic18) and Duchess (dvkesa)

Edited by : Alexandra (Sephira)

COPYRIGHT This story, Trust Fund Babies including all chapters,prologues, epilogues and associated content (i.e fanfics, teasers and content within blogs, social networks and eReaders) is copyrighted under Copyright, Designs, and Patent Act of 1988. Any unauthorised copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

PILOT EPISODE

     A crease appeared in Troy Wiley's forehead as he made the last minute preparations for the break-in. Staring intently at his laptop screen, the one thing that flitted through his genius head were details and then even more details. It was one of those all important things he had learned when first encompassing this lifestyle, aka robber lifestyle. One small mishap could send them straight to the cage, and then it would be bye-bye to their freedom and of course, the all important ladies.

“You ready, bud?” Kyler James asked Troy, shoving his 9mm Beretta, that he affectionately referred to as Delilah, into his shoulder holster. Kyler made one final sweep over the parking lot of the bank, reassuring himself that they were out of sight from the bank's security cameras. This was the easier part of his role considering his black Mustang GT was parked only a few yards away from the building. 

     Troy had all his focus centered on the bank's schematic floor plan.  Without batting an eyelash, or even looking away from the screen, he responded to his best friend of six years: “Just a sec. I'm double-checking several of the getaway routes," Troy stopped and smiled at his soul brother, "just in case something goes wrong.”

     Kyler snorted loudly at the comment.  “Just in case something goes wrong...” he muttered sarcastically, smirking.

     Trust Troy to be the one that is paranoid when it came to all of the "what ifs" or "just in case" scenarios.  Granted, Kyler was grateful for his best friend's obsessive compulsive behavior when it came to doing the job. Most of them hardly had blemish, let alone a hiccup.

     Which brought Kyler back to how they became the people they are, effortlessly stealing money right under the government's noses.

     They  were both expertly trained by Cassius, a professional thief in his own right, and the man who had adopted Kyler so many years ago.  With his eye for details and Troy's Einstein abilities, Kyler had no doubts that this break in was going to be as easy as a walk in the park on a Sunday afternoon.

     Hearing Kyler's snort, Troy slowly parted his honey brown eyes from the laptop screen to scowl at the cocky idiot standing just feet from him.

     “Don't be such a confident ass, Kyler,” he snapped looking up at said bud from his seat in the car, “mistakes can happen and you have to admit that my detailed planning,” he paused so that he could make air quotations when he said 'planning', “has prevented our sexy behinds from getting caught."

     Troy had a point though. In their years together as Trust Fund thieves, his ability to be ready for anything and everything that could be thrown their way had on more than one occasion steered them clear from the Popos and Feds. No tracks were ever left behind. They were like ghosts in the wind, completely invisible and untraceable.