Episode 7 - Come Hell or High Water

Trust Fund Babies

Copyright © 2011 TvSeriesInABook

All rights reserved

Written by : Sheena (tvseriesinabook), Tara (xangelsmomx), Sierra (SheMakesTimeDisapear) and Audrey (NinjaComesNaturally)

Cover and Banner by : Susan (Spicychic18) and Duchess (dvkesa)

Edited by : Alexandra (Sephira)

COPYRIGHT This story, Trust Fund Babies including all chapters,prologues, epilogues and associated content (i.e fanfics, teasers and content within blogs, social networks and eReaders) is copyrighted under Copyright, Designs, and Patent Act of 1988. Any unauthorised copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law.

We're sorry for the delay! 

--------------------------------------------------

It was dark and desolate inside Joe Barson’s warehouse on the outskirts of Queens, New York. The sun seemed to wade over the metal hills that were the city and would only peek out long enough for the ten men in black suits to see one another’s faces. A particular man stood out from the rest. He had the face of someone who smelled - maybe even tasted - all different kinds of death. He seemed to be completely unaffected by the malice of the abandoned warehouse.

But the other figures in the room were waiting anxiously for someone - no, some other. The authority figure they were waiting for couldn’t possibly be considered human, but other worldly entirely. The decrepit walls of the grimy room seemed to be splattered with the horror of meetings past. It chilled everyone in the room straight through their dark clothing. Except one.

Low murmurs spread throughout the broken-down lot as questions arose:

“I wonder what happened-”

“Did you hear about the break in?”

“The boss’ son’s money was almost stolen by some babes-”

“No, they were a pair of guys-”

“You really don’t believe a bunch of sissy girls coulda done that, do ya?”

“They weren’t just sissy girls. One of them was Panterra Franx,” one of the men said, hushing the room to a quiet murmur, “and the millionairess Catherine Du Monde.”

Silence reigned over the horde of men that almost shoved away the images of the eerie warehouse. Almost. They all seemed to be aware of how the one man - the death seeing man - stiffened at the name ‘Panterra’. It extended like a long, steel chain before someone scoffed condescendingly and spit.

“So she’s changed now; walking around with a living money bag!” an older man sneered, chucking dryly.

“It’s disgusting,” another replied, his nose flaring.

“Silenzio,” (Silence) a deep baritone said in Italian. The quiet held the men straighter now, more diligent like loyal dogs lined up for food. The double doors on the far side of the room slammed shut audibly, echoing audaciously. A tall, muscular man entered the room with the air of someone who didn’t think they were The Divine Right - they knew they were. His salt and pepper hair was sleeked back, the slight hint of middle age evident around the creases of his eyes and ears. All the men fidgeted nervously, except the Death man, who stood apathetic in the front row.

As always, Nuncio Martini Vito, New York City’s mafia lord had always kept them on their toes in their years of working with him. He was ruthless and wouldn’t think twice in putting a bullet on your forehead if you so much as try to double cross him. His network of business had not only branched out across the diverse states of America, but also had alliances with the Triads, Cubans, Russians, and might as well add in the kicker, the Yakuzas. He had planned on stretching his network to every known bad guy on earth. The man wanted power. He wanted control.