Episode 5 : Highway to Hell

Trust Fund Babies

Copyright © 2011 TvSeriesInABook

All rights reserved

Written by : Sheena (tvseriesinabook), Tara (xangelsmomx), Sierra (SheMakesTimeDisapear) and Audrey (NinjaComesNaturally)

Cover and Banner by : Susan (Spicychic18) and Duchess (dvkesa)

Edited by : Alexandra (Sephira)

COPYRIGHT This story, Trust Fund Babies including all chapters,prologues, epilogues and associated content (i.e fanfics, teasers and content within blogs, social networks and eReaders) is copyrighted under Copyright, Designs, and Patent Act of 1988. Any unauthorised copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Episode 5 : Highway to Hell

Darting his head left and right, Troy trudged stealthily into the darkness as he approached the bank. Right after they left the diner, Kyler suggested to Troy to tap into the bank’s camera feeds so that on the day of the heist there would be no problems.

As he approached the west side of the bank, Troy pulled out his PDA from his back pockets to check the location of the box which contain wires for the camera feeds. For a high end bank, Troy thought their security sucked big time and it was easy-peasy on his part.

The attractive cowboy tried not to be so obvious when he approached the bank, seeing as he was only wearing normal civilian clothes. As much as possible, he wanted to pass himself as a pedestrian out on a late night stroll. Scanning his PDA with keen eyes, the box was located at the dead end of the west side alley. He snorted at this as he slipped his PDA back to his pocket. This was way too easy.

On his way there, there was a camera mounted on the west side alley. Troy’s heart started to hammer a bit and tried his very best to act normal as he nonchalantly passed the camera as if he was just wandering about. After all, he was a tourist, and that would be his reason if ever the security dudes would tackle him to the ground and pegged him for a thief, which was ironically true.

It surprised Troy that New York was just like Las Vegas. Even though it was close to midnight, the area was still a bit loud and you could actually hear police sirens wailing on the night air. The energy of The Big Apple buzzed around him like moths to a flame. But the difference was the temperature. It was actually a bit cold in New York while in Las Vegas it was warm, seeing the city was close to the desert.

Troy’s face lit up as he spotted the box he was looking for. It was mounted not toohigh on the wall, and luckily, he was tall enough to reach it. In haste, he bounded up to the box and brought out his recent pride and joy. It was a small interface chip which was connected to his customized PDA. The moment this chip was attached to the wires, he could manipulate some frames on the feeds and viola! Instant control.

Troy had to be sure he attached the chip on the right wires; the one which could tap into the whole area of the bank. This piece of equipment cost him hell of a lot of connections and money just so he could procure this beauty. The Pentagon would have a field day if they found out that one of their high ranking military officers had gone underground selling these goods to shady crooks. That thought had him snickering like a kid.

Satisfied, Troy closed the box and grinned. This heist was going to be easy as hell and to be honest, it had him baffled for a moment. What if something went wrong? What if they got caught in the process? Troy shook that insidious thought and pushed it at the back of his mind. Now was not the time to complicate things. He was good and confident with his skills, and he would be damned if Kyler knew of his momentary insecurity.