Chapter 11: Dropping Everything

Sorry about the delay guys! Kinda got a little busy, but I promised an upload, so here it is! Hope you enjoy it!! =)

***********************************************************************************************************

Adrianna pulled into the driveway of Val's sister Sam's home. She had totally forgotten to pick up Val and Marisa after her date the previous night. She was in disbelief; how could she forget?! Her friends were going to kill her when she got inside, and ream her about what could have possibly occurred on the date with Tom. As the girl got out of her car and stood on the porch, she could hear what they were going to say buzzing around in the back of her mind...

After knocking only a few times, the door opened, revealing a girl a few inches taller than she was with long, flowing red hair. The girl pushed back her glasses as she spoke, "Bout time you got here! I thought I was stuck with these two forever."

"Sorry Sam," Adrianna apologized. "I kind of fell asleep last night, and forgot they were here."

Sam laughed. "No problem; they were just beginning to drive me nuts with their crackpot theories about why you didn't come." She glanced around to make sure no one was listening. "Their favorite one is that Tom kidnapped you, locked you in his basement, and had his way with you. Though I highly doubt that's what happened."

Adrianna felt her face go red at the thought. "No, no, no. We just fell asleep watching a movie. Nothing like that, I promise."

Sam smiled at her. "I believe you. Now come on in here before you catch a cold. Ed just made some food if you're hungry."

Adrianna stepped into the house, slipping her shoes off in the process. "Nah, I'm good. I ate a late breakfast. Where are Valarie and Marisa?"

Sam shut the door. "Where do you think? In the living room playing Call of Duty."

Adrianna rolled her eyes. "Stupid question; pretend I didn't ask that." On that note, the girl made her way out to Sam's living room, where, sure enough, she found her friends sitting on the couch. Neither one of them noticed her standing there for several minutes due to the barrage of bullets they were firing on the video game. It wasn't until Adrianna cleared her throat that her friends looked up at her.

"About damn time you got here!" Val yelled at her. "You were supposed to get us last night! What was more important than us?"

"Uh... my sleep," Adrianna answered, wearing a dumbfounded expression on her face. "I fell asleep watching a movie with him, and when I woke up it was way too late for me to be driving anywhere."

Marisa and Val exchanged glances, as if trying to determine whether or not Adrianna had given them an acceptable answer for her tardiness. "Well, she definitely isn't lying about it," Marisa noted. "She doesn't have that grin on her face."

Val sighed, shoulders relaxing as a sign of defeat. "Fine. But that doesn't mean I forgive you for abandoning me here."

Adrianna rolled her eyes. Val was always so melodramatic; making mountains out of mole hills was her specialty when it came to Adrianna and guys. "If you say so," she muttered, flopping down at the end of the couch. She stared blankly at the TV screen for a few minutes before she noticed Sam walk into the room, who then took a seat in the arm chair on the other side of the room.

"So, since neither of your friends asked you, how was your date?" Sam asked loudly, making sure Marisa and Valarie both know she was the first to ask how everything went.

Adrianna took the hint to be obnoxious about it. "Oh how kind of you to ask, Sam. It was amazing actually." She cleared her throat, debating whether or not she should play her trump card. "He kissed me."

Within moments of her saying that last word, both Val and Marisa dropped their controllers to the floor, no longer worrying about the fictitious gunfire on their game. "What did you just say?" Val asked, enunciating every syllable.

"You heard me," Adrianna responded. "Tom kissed me last night."

"No way," Marisa muttered. "How did that happen?"

Adrianna smiled slightly. "Well... we both fell asleep watching Zombieland. When I woke up, I was laying on his chest and his arms were wrapped around me. Then he carried me to my room, and we sat on my bed. We talked for a moment, and then it just sort of happened."

"It just sort of happened?" Sam raised an eyebrow. Adrianna knew she found it hard to believe that story. She had never been the sort to just let something like that happen, and Sam knew that. "You mean to tell me you kissed this guy? Just like that?"

"Well... yea," Adrianna smiled back at her. "Why would I not kiss Tom Felton?!"

Sam moved her head back and forth, as if debating it over in her head. "Hmmmm... I guess I can see your point. He is pretty cute."

"Pretty cute?" Adrianna questioned. "That the best you got?"

"I'll leave the rest to you," Sam laughed at her.

It was quiet for a few minutes before Marisa asked, "So did you feel anything?"

Adrianna didn't answer her friend's question right away. What had she felt when Tom kissed her? Certainly breathless, that was for sure. It was something she hadn't felt in a while; something that she hadn't felt with Matthias, now that she really thought about it. Adrianna got lost in her thoughts, remembering every detail as if it would kill her if she didn't. She remembered the way the moonlight reflected off his hair, the soft scent of his cologne, how soft his lips were against hers...

"Um... helloooooo! Earth to Adrianna!" Val yelled.

Adrianna shook her head, attempting to shake the thoughts from her head; she failed. "Sorry... just kinda got lost in my thoughts for a minute there."

"Obviously... now back to my question, did you feel anything when he kissed you?" Marisa inquired a second time.

The girl sighed dreamily, and all of her friends exchanged glances. "Well yea... of course I did... I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all day..."

"Someone is twitterpated," Val smirked. "And you can't deny that. Your face is about eighty shades of red right now."

"Well, I dare say it's about time you're happy Dree," Sam smiled. "I haven't seen you smile like this in a long time."

"Right!" Marisa squealed in agreement. "Now... just because he's famous don't think I won't hurt him too! Cuz believe me, if he hurts you, I'm going to put him six feet under. That's not a threat; it's a promise!"

Adrianna rolled her eyes, pulling her phone from her pocket. "I'm sure that won't be necessary." She glanced at the phone's screen, reading the text she received some time ago from Tom.

Hello gorgeous. Hope you slept well, and are having fun today. What's on your agenda for tomorrow?

Adrianna smiled before she texted him back, ignoring her friends' empty threats. Hey! I did, actually. Thanks for bringing me to bed! =) And absolutely nothing. Why do you ask?

"...All I'm saying is that when I get to meet him, I'm going to give him the interrogation of his life!" Adrianna heard Marisa finish up.

"You don't need to do that to every guy I bring home," Adrianna stepped in. "Besides, Tom isn't like the others."

"We don't know that though!"

Before Adrianna could respond, her phone went off, another text scrolling across her screen. Well, I was wondering if you wanted to come over to my place for the evening. Of course you don't have to if you don't want to though. :)

Adrianna didn't hesitate. I'd love too!

Another date with Tom; admittedly she was already excited, and this day wasn't even half way over yet. The only thing that made it better was when he texted back: Awesome! By the way, Matt and Rupert will be there for a little bit. I hope that's okay.