Chapter 4: A New Beginning

Hey guys! I was finally able to find time to write this. I wasn't going to write it all last night, but I had to get the idea down on paper before I forgot it. =P So, without further to do, I present to you Chapter 4. =)

***********************************************************************************************************

Cool air hit Adrianna as she and Tom stepped into the movie theater. Adrianna had not yet been to the movies since her move to London a few months previously. Though she honestly had no idea what they were seeing, she was pretty excited about being there. She and Tom stood in line, both staring up at the list of movies currently playing.

Tom glanced over at her. "What if we see-"

Before he could finish his inquiry, the whole theater went black and a bunch of panicked screams rung throughout the building. The power was out, go figure. Adrianna didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal.

"Scratch that last thought," Tom muttered. He was quiet for a moment before he spoke again, only with a bit more enthusiasm. "Though I think I have a better idea. Come on, let's get out of here!"

With that, he and Adrianna walked out of the movie theater just as quickly as they had entered. The two walked side-by-side down the street in comfortable silence. Normally, Adrianna would've been bugged by such a silence, but for whatever reason she felt completely at ease. Though she was curious about where exactly Tom was taking her.

"So... where are we heading?" she asked, curiously.

Tom looked over at her. "It's a surprise, but I really think you'll like it."

"I'm sure I will," Adrianna assured. After all, he hadn't done anything she hadn't liked yet, why would he mess up now?

They kept walking for several more minutes before they reached a park. Adrianna was honestly surprised; a guy had never taken her to a park seriously. He had picked a great time to, too; the trees and flowers were all in the process of regrowing after the long winter. They were beginning a new life, as was she. Adrianna had no idea why Tom would've brought her here, but she was glad he did. Adrianna loved walking through parks, and once again it was something she hadn't done too much of since she had moved.

"I'm not sure if you like this kind of thing, but I know I love being out in nature; it's a little known fact about me," Tom broke the silence.

"Little known fact about me, I've been going camping in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan every summer since I was six," Adrianna countered, smiling. "The wilderness is where I belong!"

Tom chuckled. "I knew I liked you for a reason." He paused for a moment before continuing. "This is probably one of my favorite places in London. It's just so relaxing, you know? Gives me somewhere I can actually think."

"I know what you mean," Adrianna said. "I do most of my writing outside when I can. You can think so much better with the fresh air."

"Right! There's nothing to distract you- no phones, no TV, no internet... you can just climb a tree and forget about everything that's wrong," Tom agreed. He stopped and took a seat on a nearby bench; Adrianna followed suit. "Least that's what worked with me," he sighed.

Adrianna watched him carefully for a moment before speaking. "I know what you mean. When I get upset, well... normally I write, but sometimes even that doesn't help," she said quietly, feeling her eyes swell up with tears again. "Sometimes nothing helps..."

She had allowed herself to think back at what had happened, something she promised she wouldn't do. But she couldn't help it. It was slowly eating her inside. As the tears began flowing, she looked over at Tom, a frown all too apparent on his face.