Chapter 6: Arrival Home

So this chapter is a little short, but I promised I would have something uploaded today for missymaris for her birthday! This is for her! =D

Pic on the side is Marisa, by the way. =)

************************************************************************************************************

Beep, beep, beep.

Adrianna came bounding into the kitchen from the living room. She had to pull the blueberry muffins out of the oven before they burnt. Surely she wasn't going to allow that to happen. The girl put on an oven mitt and carefully pulled them out of the hot oven. After sitting them carefully down on the counter top to cool, Adrianna took a deep breath. It was going to be a long day, and these muffins were going to be the fuel to get her (and hopefully Valarie, and Marisa once she got there) going.

The girl knew the apartment was in desperate need of deep cleaning before Tom came over tomorrow. She wouldn't allow him to walk into her apartment if it looked like a tornado had just passed through. She was already nervous as hell about having him over; having a dirty house surely wasn't going to help that matter. As soon as she was done eating, she was going to get working on cleaning every corner of the house.

Adrianna snatched up a muffin and walked back into the living room where Valarie was still snoozing. She shook her head. Valarie could waste an entire day sleeping if left to her own means. Adrianna didn't know how anyone could do that. It was just unnatural.

Sitting near her friend, Adrianna waved the muffin by her friend's nose. Almost immediately, Valarie sat upright, looking at Adrianna. "Where did you get that muffin?" she asked.

"Uh... I made it?" Adrianna responded. "There's some more in the kitchen."

Without another word, Val ran to the kitchen. Adrianna smiled to herself. She knew that would wake her friend up. Little did Val know that Adrianna was planning on using her to help clean the apartment. Valarie did not live there, but she was there enough that Adrianna could make her help clean too.

Sure enough, Valarie walked back into the living room holding a half-eaten muffin in her hand. "So what made you cook this morning? Did you sneak that boy over without me noticing?" she questioned.

Adrianna sighed. "No, once again, Tom is busy today. He's coming over tomorrow. Hence why you're going to help me clean!"

"Why do I have to help?!"

"You're here all the time Valarie. I'm beginning to wonder if you even have a place of your own!" Adrianna wondered out loud. "So please... could you lend a hand in straightening this place up?"

Valarie frowned. "Fine," she muttered, before eating the rest of her muffin. "What do you want me to do?"

"Um... you can do the kitchen for now," Adrianna decided. "But don't eat all the muffins. Save one for Marisa."

"You really think I'm going to eat them all?" Valarie raised an eyebrow at her friend. "Come on now, I'm not that much of a fatty!"

Adrianna rolled her eyes. "You are sad. Just go clean the kitchen!"

"Hmph," was all Val said to that as she stormed into the kitchen to clean.

Adrianna decided to start on the living room. It wasn't too bad; just needed to be straightened up and vacuumed. From there, she knew she had to tackle the bathroom and her bedroom. She figured Marisa could handle her room, not that she was going to have him in there anyways.

Blaring music as she went, Adrianna began to clean up the house. Some people called her crazy, but she thought it actually helped motivate her to clean. Not that she really needed it right now. The fact she was having Tom Felton over the next day was enough to make her want to actually clean for once.

Once she had finished the living room, she moved on to the bathroom, probably her least favorite room to clean. It was always so gross and nasty for no reason whatsoever. And if there was one thing Adrianna hated, it was a nasty bathroom. If nothing else was clean, the bathroom had to be! As she scrubbed the bathtub, she heard the front door open and close loudly. She knew Marisa had to be home, or Valarie escaping from cleaning.

"DREE! Are you home?"

Adrianna smiled slightly, and yanked an ear phone out. "In the bathroom!"

A few moments later, a brown-haired girl appeared in the doorway. She had a huge smile on her face. "You doing all this cleaning for me? Awe, I feel so loved," she said.

Adrianna dropped the sponge in the tub and looked up at her friend. "No Marisa, I'm cleaning it because I'm having company tomorrow."

"What do you mean by that?" Marisa asked, raising an eyebrow. She knew the only people Adrianna associated with were her, Valarie, and Val's sister. So who the heck was she talking about?

"I'm having a guy over," Adrianna admitted, rather proudly.

"A guy? Won't Matthias be jealous?" Marisa asked. Adrianna forgot that she hadn't told Marisa about what had happened yet. She motioned for her friend to come closer. Marisa took a seat on the counter, looking at her friend curiously.

"Matthias broke up with me on Thursday night," Adrianna admitted.

Marisa's eyes went wide. "What?! Why?"

Adrianna shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine at this point." She took a deep breath. "But on Friday, Val insisted we went clubbing, so I went. I met this amazing guy there. We went on a date last night, and he's coming over tomorrow so I wanted to make sure the house was clean."

"It didn't take you long to move on," Marisa noticed, not meaning to sound as rude as she did.

Adrianna sighed. "I know, I know, but Marisa, I mean... this guy is just so amazing. He's funny, polite, adorable... he actually cares about how I feel. He made me feel better about what happened."

Marisa smiled. "Well, that's good then! Who is he, and when do I get to meet him?"

Adrianna bit her tongue as she smiled. "He's Tom Felton, and you can meet him tomorrow."

As Marisa let out a high pitched scream, Adrianna knew she was right about how Marisa would act about it. She didn't know how it was going to work out, but she was sure it was going to be crazy come tomorrow.