Chapter 19

"Doctor doctor! Something's wrong!"

I heard Dr Williams shouting at someone. I slowly opened my eyes but my vision was blurry. I couldn't really see anything and I only saw figures hovering around me. I couldn't move. I felt heavy and weak.

"Her heartbeat rate is slowing down! Get ready!"

The Doctors pumped my chest several times and my eye lids became heavy.

"Her heartbeat is stable now. Please be rest assured."

I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep once again.

When I finally woke up, I was staring at the ceiling above me. I figured that I was in a hospital room. I decided to get up to sit but I had to struggle. I still felt drowsy. Must have been due to the injections and surgeries that I went through. I groaned as I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I wondered what exactly happened.

"Kat! You are awake!"

Dr Williams rushed towards me and gave me a big hug. I felt something wet on my neck and I knew he was crying. I patted his back to make him feel better as he let out his cry.

He explained to me that I was involved in an accident. The flight that I was travelling in crashed midway and only a few survived. I was one of the lucky ones but I ended up in coma for about three years. He thought he had lost me.

"Why was I travelling?"

"You had a client in South Korea and you were coming back after treating him."

"Client? So I really went to Korea?"

"Yeah you did. Is something wrong?"

I shook my head and just smiled. "It's nothing."

I was discharged from hospital after three months to Ensure that I was really having a better condition. Dr Williams managed to claim some of my luggages including my phone. But then it needed to be repaired.

I do have important things in my phone so I sent it to the repair shop to get it repaired. It took longer than I thought. I would only get it after a month so I got myself another cellphone to make contact during that period. Soon, I forgot about it.

Everything went on as usual. I spent my days in hospital, working as a psychotherapist. I requested for lesser clients per day. I was on medication so I get exhausted easily and I needed to take rest after every few hours. Days were tougher but I felt better, knowing that I am who I am.

I managed to go back home after a few weeks. It was Christmas and Dr Williams decided to give us a holiday to spend the day with our families. I would usually just stick with Dr Williams and help him out during the holidays but this time... I decided to visit my parents.

It's been long so I got a bit nervous. I stood in front of my old house and hesitated to knock the door.

"You can do this, Kat. You are already here anyways."

I mustered up my courage and gave the door a few knocks. I heard my dad saying that he's coming and running down the stairs. He opened the door and I stood in front of him.

He was old, thinner and had white hair... loads. We just stood there exchanging our stares. He croaked a laugh and rubbed his neck.

"Kat... you came back."

I could sense sadness and guilt inside his voice. Just then another figure appeared before him. That person was shocked and immediately pulled me into her embrace.

"Kat! We're so sorry."

My mom hugged me tightly and cried in my neck. My dad soon couldn't hold back his tears and let it all out.

So this was what I was missing.

I hugged my mom back and my dad soon joined. My lips curved up and tears rolled down my cheeks. Not out of sadness or anger but out of happiness.

"I'm back."

My house was the same as usual but it was brighter and had a more of a family feeling. My parents got back together after I left as they regretted everything. They were very sorry for their mistakes and for not caring about me. It was a relief to know that they learnt their mistakes and were now willing to accept and love each other.

After our dinner, I went up to my room. It was the same. Everything was in their place. Even my white floral dress was still hanging in my closet. Looks like my mom actually cleaned my room every day.

I laid flat on my bed. Everything was back to normal. My parents were back together, I discovered myself and basically everything I wished for was there. But it felt empty. Something was missing. Someone was not in my life.

I placed my hand over my eyes and shed some tears. My heart couldn't take it. I was overwhelmed with emotions and my heart clenched even tighter.

"Yoongi... you were just a dream."

I didn't know how but I actually fell asleep on my old bed. My mom came to wake me up and asked me if anything was wrong since my face was puffy and my eyes were red from crying. I obviously told her it was nothing. I didn't want her to be worried, not because I didn't want to be a burden.

I decided to head back to Dr Williams since I still have some clients to handle. I bid my parents farewell and told them to visit me once in a while. We had a big warm hug before I waved them goodbye.

I sat in my car and received a call. It was from the phone center where I actually got my old phone to be repaired. I picked it up and only then I remembered about my phone. It wasn't a big deal but I decided to go and pick it up since it was along the way.

"We are really sorry that we took very long but all the data had been fully recovered so it's back to its original condition," the salesperson told me as she handed me my phone.

I took my phone back and thanked her.

"Are you a fan of BTS?"

"Yes. How do you know?"

"Well, while we were re-functioning your phone, we found many pictures of BTS members. You must be really close to them. I have never seen some of those pictures before."

I blinked my eyes and just smiled at her. I was a bit confused by what she said. I excused myself quickly as I have a meeting with my client very soon.

I put my old phone on the passenger seat and the new phone was connected to my car. I played the song to suit the mood while I drove off. My phone kept receiving notifications and it was getting rather annoying.

I drove to the side of the road and parked there. I stopped the music and checked my phone but there was nothing. But I still heard phone alerts and looked at my old phone. It was from there. Strange. I just received it today.

I picked it up and my eyes widened. My heart was beating very fast as if it was about to jump out of my chest.

No. How is this possible?

HoneyBear 🐻💕 sent you a message.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:
Yup~ it's ending next chapter 😁 Hehe~ thank you for all the support! I really hope you enjoy reading it!! Thank you all so much! Love you all 😘

--------------------------------------------------------------Author's Note:Yup~ it's ending next chapter 😁 Hehe~ thank you for all the support! I really hope you enjoy reading it!! Thank you all so much! Love you all 😘