Chapter 18

"Did you miss me?"

She- or rather I stood in front of me. I was confused with the overall situation. She held her knife up high and swung it hard. I barely managed to dodge it. It wasn't time to be freezing at the stop. All I could think of was to... Run.

While she was caught off guard, I quickly ran past her and escaped through the door. I turned back and saw her chasing after me. I gulped and quickly ran out of the building.

My feet did not stop despite the cuts I received from walking in barefoot. I ran as fast as I could but she managed to catch up. She grabbed onto my wrist but I managed to slap it away. I accidentally tripped on my foot and I was falling off the pavement and onto the road. I saw a car moving towards me.

Suddenly, everything that had happened in my life flashed through my brain within split seconds and then I blacked out completely.

The next thing I knew I was standing in the middle of the room where everything was white and there was only a mirror. The usual dream but it had a sweet floral scent. Maybe this time I died.

I walked towards the mirror and saw Yoongi. He had a sad look on his face. His eyes were red and puffy as if he had been crying.

"What's wrong, Yoongi?"

"Why did this have to happen?"

"What do you mean?"

He bit his lower lip and banged onto the mirror from his side. I realised that he was trapped no... I was trapped inside this place. He sighed and shook his head.

"I'm sorry."

"You didn't do anything wrong. Why are you apologising?"

He didn't say anything. He just let out a soft sob and I just stood there. I couldn't do anything. I still hadn't grasp hold of the situation.

"I want to ask you something, Kat."

"Go ahead."

He run his fingers through his hair and placed his hands in his pocket. Then he rocked himself back and forth on his feet as if he was hesitating to ask. After finally making up his mind, he stopped moving.

"Do you have a sister?"

"I don't."

"Then, why did you say you had a sister?"

I didn't reply as I did not know how to answer. I only remembered who I really was when my past flashed through my mind before getting knocked down by a car. I never had a sister who died. I only had me who died.

I used to be a bubbly girl who always saw the world positively. That was until my parents started fighting every day, eventually leading to divorce. I stayed with my father who became a drunkard. I ended up being bullied in school and I didn't tell it to anyone because I didn't want to bother them. And that was my first mistake.

I had my first boyfriend during high school only to find out that he dated me because of a dare. I was humiliated and my father beat me to vent his anger out. I couldn't bear it anymore and wanted to die. I faced severe depression and I was being lifeless. I didn't know what to do with my life and I ran away from home. Due to starvation and lack of sleep, I collapsed on the middle of the road. That was when I met Dr Williams.

He took me in and treated me like his own Daughter. He lost his family in a car accident and I reminded him of his daughter. He had to treat me for several days so that I was back to my original self. He helped me forget myself. He totally erased my past and I reborn as a new person.

But the main problem was not because of my parents or my schoolmates or my Boyfriend. It was because I didn't love myself enough. I didn't care about myself and I let myself suffer instead.

I figured this out when I met Yoongi. He was like me. He kept everything to himself because he didn't want to burden anyone. But at least he tried. He tried to trust others and made sure he did not lose himself from reality. While I just remained in my dream.

I smiled and looked at Yoongi who was staring back at me worriedly and patiently waiting for an answer.

"It was because I wanted to forget myself but I realised that it was wrong."

I paused and walked closer to the mirror. I reached out my hand and touched the mirror. My lips formed into a bigger smile and I shed a tear.

"I love you, Katherine Claire. I'm sorry for losing you."

The mirror rippled and Yoongi slowly turned into me. I knew it. It was never Yoongi. It had always been me but I had been sleeping on myself.

And now I was staring back at my own reflection. The same one who wore the black clothes and cap. But this time she wore a white floral dress that I used to love when I was younger. I still loved it but I grew taller so it didn't fit me anymore.

Her lips formed into a smile and she was crying as well but out of happiness.

"Thank you."

Flowers blossomed in the room and the place became outdoors. The sky was blue and bright due to the Sun. The clouds were fluffy and moving making the blue sky even more beautiful. She came out of the mirror and it disappeared into the think air.

She ran towards me and hugged me. I embraced her back warmly. After a few minutes, we realised ourselves from the hug.

"Do you want to continue dreaming?"

I shook my head. As much as I wanted to be with Yoongi, I couldn't continue dreaming and escaping from reality. I had made up my mind.

"I'm ready to wake up."

"Are you sure?"

It was Korean but I understood it. I knew this voice. This voice that I loved to hear.

I turned around and saw Yoongi walking towards me. He stood in front of me with his usual gummy smile. He stretched his hand out at me.

I held his hand and nodded.

"Yes, I'm sure."
--------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:
Ok this story is ending soon! It could be one or two more chapters after this but I'm still not sure yet. Still I hope you enjoyed reading this!! Thank you everyone! Don't forget to vote & comment as usual!Love you all! ❤️

Cute 💝 ⬇️