Belle: Mending Broken Bridges

(Previously: Belle asks Derek to offer Isaac the bite unaware Isaac was already on his list. Belle is there when it happens and talks with Isaac afterwards. Kristin talks with Belle and warns her about Gerard after Belle senses the change in Kristin and knows she is a werewolf.)

It’s unnerving when the full moon rises and you feel yourself losing control. Every nerve is on edge, and the bloodlust is so strong. The wolf instincts take over and the urge to hunt and kill anything and everything that moves is all that matters. Luckily with each moon and forced turn I’ve gained more control.
The cage was used tonight but I won’t need it for much longer, right now it’s only a precaution for when my mother’s at work. If my mother didn’t have to run off to Kristin than I wouldn’t have needed the cage. Having mom by my side just in case would’ve been enough since I’m basically her little bitch.
Kristin is going to hate me. I tried to keep my mouth shut. I really did but I was scared and worried that Kristin might lose control and do something she’d live to regret. It would ruin her and I couldn’t let that happen so I blabbed and told mom that Kristin wasn’t human anymore. I should get credit though. I lasted until after the sun set.
“You okay?” Isaac asks.
We’re underground in the old train depot and sitting on one of the old leather couches, aka Derek’s new home. I can’t help but feel guilty for being a worry wart. I should be asking if Isaac’s okay since it was his first shift.
“Of course I’m more worried about you. What happened?” I ask. It’s comforting having Isaac’s arm wrapped around my shoulders.
I feel safe.
“Derek and Stiles saved me, and I may have tried to eat Stiles.”
“What!?” I can’t help but exclaim. Why must Stiles and Scott have to always put their lives in danger?
“Don’t worry Derek stopped me. I’m sorry,” Isaac apologises, and I feel my face muscles relax.
Sadly I understand.
“Well I did try to kill your father. I know what it’s like. I can’t be mad at you, but I can promise you it’ll get easier . . . eventually,” I smile before he tucks some strands of my strawberry blonde hair behind my ear.
“What else is out there?” Isaac asks although I’m not sure myself. I didn’t want to know, well apart from vampires. I used to think they were cooler but now that I’ve settled into my new skin I think werewolves are the superior species.
I’m assuming there’s other shape shifters like us but different. As they say ignorance is bliss, until it bites you in the ass.
“Do you really want to know?” Derek asks and I almost jump in fright. I had been so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn’t hear him coming.
Derek needs bells tied around his ankles, the sooner the better.
“Yeah,” Isaac replies and looks across at Derek who has the usual expression on his face that consists of very little emotion, although I can practically feel the anger vibrating off of him in waves, and I can smell Kristin on him well actually her house. Kristin loves vanilla scented candles, and I can smell the vanilla and wax on Derek.
I’m assuming it didn’t go to well. I’m also assuming Kristin didn’t tell Derek, and he didn’t sense it otherwise I don’t think he’d be back already.
“It would take the rest of the night to list them all.”
“So give us a few,” I reply. Isaac has sparked my curiosity and now I want a sneak peek at what awaits me . . . us.
Derek sighs in boredom, “There are other shape shifters; the coyote, and the fox also known as a kitsune and then there’s the different kind of supernatural creatures and that includes the banshee.”
“The wailing woman,” I mutter. I remember reading about the banshee in a mythology book just a few weeks ago.
“What?” Isaac sounds confused.
“The stories vary but basically a banshee wails or screams when someone is about to die, they can predict other’s deaths.”
“Sounds like fun,” Isaac replies sarcastically before Derek walks away and back into his train.
“I see Derek is in a good mood as usual,” I practically whisper although it doesn’t matter. If Derek is listening he can hear me anyway.
Isaac chuckles before he entwines his fingers in mine, “I think he’s stressing out about the hunters.”
“They’re not following the code anymore are they?” I ask. It’s the only way it makes any sense.
Isaac is innocent. He hasn’t hurt anybody.
It means none of us are safe. Kristin must know which is why she warned me about Gerard Argent aka Allison’s grandfather.
Isaac shakes his head, “They want us all dead.”
“I can’t believe they nearly . . .” I can’t bring myself to say the words. It was hard enough losing Grams. I don’t think I’ll survive losing another person I love. The worst part is that four of them are in danger now that the hunters aren’t following the code anymore.
Kristin thinks because of her hunter history that she’ll be fine, and then there’s my mother and Scott and Isaac. I didn’t know the hunters were going to retaliate like this in response to Kate’s death. If I had of known I wouldn’t have asked Derek to offer Isaac the bite. If something happens to Isaac than it’s my fault.
“Derek isn’t going to let that happen,”
“Derek’s only one man, er werewolf,” I can’t help but worry that Derek isn’t going to be enough to keep Isaac alive.
It’s a depressing thought.
“He’s an alpha. I’m going to be okay. Derek is going to train me. They’re not going to hurt me and I’m not going to let them hurt you,” Isaac quickly gives me a kiss on the lips.
We decided to keep the PDA to a minimum when around Derek. I know what it’s like when you try and shut out noises and they grow louder in response.
Plus it’s embarrassing.
“You have to stay away from them Isaac,” I ask. Kristin hasn’t shared the gory details, but she doesn’t need to. I know the hunters don’t play nice, and that was when they followed the code.
“That’s going to be hard considering they’re hunting me,” Isaac points out and I know he is right . . . unfortunately.
I feel the buzzing before Teenage Dream by Katy Perry starts blasting from my phone, and I dig it out of my jean pocket. I’m in my bum clothes which means I’m in an old pair of denim jeans, slightly worn out All Time Low band shirt and my favourite grey baggy zip up jacket.
It’s Kristin calling me from her cell.
“Hello.”
“Hey. We have another problem,” Kristin sounds tired and worn out.
“What is it now?” I ask worried.
“You can’t tell dad or Alex that you’re dating Isaac.”
“Why not?”
“Alex wants revenge just as badly as Gerard. They will follow you around and use you to get to Isaac.”
“Am I going to have to lie about everything?”
“I don’t know.”
“Are you okay?” I ask. I know I can’t ask about her first shift and if mom got to her in time, not over the phone with Isaac and Derek listening in.
“We’ll talk later Belle please just be careful,” Kristin begs.
“I will. You need to be careful too.”
“Don’t worry about me Belle,” Kristin replies before she hangs up the phone, and I stash it back in my pocket before I give Isaac an apologetic look.
“Your sister is right,” Isaac is trying to hide the hurt and pain from showing in his bright blue eyes.
He doesn’t need to tell me what he is thinking. I already know.
“I’m at risk whether I’m with you or not Isaac,” I point out.
“But they don’t know about you yet,” Isaac replies and runs a hand through his dark blonde hair.
“And they don’t know about us yet. Besides we don’t have to worry about that yet since you’re going to be spending most of your time hiding out.”
It’s going to suck not having Isaac at school, but it’s just temporary. Isaac didn’t kill his father, he’s innocent and I have to believe in the law.
“You’re right, but you still need to be careful Belle.”
I nod, “I know and you need to be careful as well.”
“I promise,” Isaac smiles and I can’t resist. My face inches closer to his before our eyes close and our lips clash together.
I’ve probably only got five minutes before I have to start heading home. The last thing I want is my mother tracking me down and dragging me away.
Talk about embarrassing.
It’s the afternoon and school’s been out for an hour. I decide it’s time to try and make more progress with Lydia. I’m not expecting progress to be made instantly. It’s going to take time along with a lot of grovelling but I have to try at least.