Kristin: Terrible Feeling

(Previously: Kristin relives the pain of full moon and visit’s Gerard showing her distaste towards the attack on Isaac. Kristin has a nightmare where Gerard is forcing her to choose between Derek and her mother, Kristin wakes and Derek is in her bed. She thinks she is still dreaming and kisses him. They talk/argue and Derek leaves.)

Allison called me last night from a payphone knowing her parents are checking her every call and text. Chris is starting her training which means I have another in. My father won’t want to drag me into the drama and danger but now that I have Allison I don’t need him although I wish he would force Alex, mom and Belle out of town, and maybe go overseas for a few months.
That would be a relief.
Speaking of the hunting business, a hunter was murdered . . . Clawed to death not long after Isaac's father was killed. That’s too much of a coincidence for me especially considering it is Beacon Hills, and murder wasn’t a norm until Peter started killing those responsible for the Hale house fire.
“Here are your tequila shots,” Cory snaps me out of my thoughts and slides the glasses in front of the small bowl of lime wedges and the salt shaker.
Vince insisted that I join them for drinks and even let me choose the place. I chose Cory’s Pizza Place and Vince laughed at first, until I told them there’s an afterhours bar for the adults. They’re drinking to Michael, the fallen hunter. Vince thinks Alex will open up to me after a few drinks.
I guess I have to try at least.
“Thank you Cory,” I hand out the shots.
“As in high school boyfriend Cory?” Vince asks. I’m sitting beside Vince while Alex is on the other side distancing himself from me. If Alex doesn’t talk to me soon that I’m going to tie him to a chair and make him.
I’m over his crap.
I mean I know he’s grieving and all but he can’t ignore me for the rest of our lives. He has already tried that and failed many times.
“That was a long time ago now,” I reply.
“It certainly feels that way,” Cory smiles like a love sick idiot and I know he is thinking about Michelle who will be here very soon.
Yay.
“Another,” Alex pushes the glass forward and Cory nods before refills the shot glass with more tequila.
“It’s nice to finally meet Kristin’s brother,” Cory slides the alcohol in front of Alex.
Alex doesn’t reply but skulls his second shot instead.
“Sorry about him, our friend passed very recently,” Vince explains.
First Kate and then Michael. I can’t be mad at Alex for being angry and upset although I do wish he would talk to me. Before Kate’s death we used to talk about anything and everything. It hurts having Alex back, when it’s like he’s a million miles away.
“I’m sorry to hear that,” Cory apologises before he is waved over by a few patrons sitting at the other end of the bar.
The place is full of life tonight, and I can tell the two blondes sitting at a table behind us are checking out Alex and Vince. I can feel their lust . . . unfortunately. I still haven’t gained much control when it comes to shutting off others senses and focussing.
“To Michael our fallen comrade who was far too young to die,” Vince raises his glass, and the rest of us do the same before we skull the tequila, well except for Alex since his glass is empty.
“To Michael,” Alex repeats before he leaves his chair and heads straight for the table with the two blondes.
How predictable. Is that how all men deal with heartache and pain?
“Just give him a little more time,” Vince asks. His brown hair is neatly styled without a single hair out of place, he’s such a girl at times.
“Is that really how you guys move on from losing someone?” I ask.
“He is taking it really hard. He really loved Kate.”
Too bad he was just a fun time for her. I don’t even know if it was possible for Kate to love, and honestly my brother is better off without her.
“What if he never gets over it?” I ask as I tap my fingers against the bench. It helps keep me distracted and when I focus on the tapping noise it stops my sense of hearing from overwhelming me.
Vince rests his hand on top of mine and stops my hands from moving. It’s almost comforting. It reminded me of a happy time Vince and I shared. It may have been short, but it was real and not complicated. We knew what we were doing and what we were, and he didn’t shut me out, and he wasn’t already supernaturally connected to another person but living in denial.
“Don’t worry I’ll take care of him,” Vince promises and I can’t help but think back to our first night together.