Derek: New Member

(Previously: Derek teams up with Stiles to break Isaac out of jail. Isaac freaks out once they return to the hideout and Derek calms him down. Derek visit’s Kristin and is worried after he felt something through the bond, and they fight about Isaac before Derek walks out. Derek is woken up by Kristin who is calling out through the bond. Derek checks on Kristin who is just sleeping, although when he tries to leave she calls him back. Derek stays the night and Kristin wakes in the morning still thinking she is dreaming. Derek breaks up the kiss and they talk/argue before he leaves.)

I was still angry at Kristin when I heard her pleading and calling out to me desperately while she was sleeping, but after the panic set in the anger disappeared completely. I knew Kristin didn’t mean what she said on the night of the full moon, but it still hurt.
You’re a little pansy bitch.
And you’re an annoying ass!
Speaking of, you need to work out more.
No I don’t.
Okay, whatever I just thought I’d let you know you’re losing your firmness.
Did you really just say firmness?
Don’t blame me, you’re the one that’s been slacking off.
I’ve been teaching Isaac.
Excuses . . . Excuses.
Whatever!
It’s been three days since Kristin ripped open my shirt. I could’ve played along and pretended she was still dreaming but I knew it would come back to bite me in the ass, and not in the good way. I don’t know how I managed to control myself. It wasn’t just my desire I was feeling. Her desire was feeding into mine, multiplying the lust.
It was almost impossible to pull away.
It makes me wish I could give Kristin what she wants but I can’t, at least not yet. I have my pack to worry about now and the hunters. I can’t risk Kristin getting hurt because of me, or our relationship risking the pack’s lives. It’s not just me anymore, and the decisions I make can affect us all. Besides I’ve gotten used to the pain of being apart from Kristin.
Speaking of the pack, I’m about to offer Erica the bite.
I’m sitting in the waiting room in the hospital listening into Scott’s mom and Erica who had an epileptic fit at school. It’s easy to ignore the other noises: the phones ringing, people talking, machines beeping, doctors and nurses conversing.
“It’s been a while since we saw you Erica. You were being so good about taking your medication,” Scott’s mother voice is kind and full of worry as I pretend to flip through a magazine.
“Are you going to tell my mom?” Erica asks.
“Well I swear I don’t want to, but there’s this team of lawyers in the back who would break my legs, and I don’t know if you’ve seen my legs but for a girl my age they’re still pretty hot. So . . .” Mrs McCall replies and I hear Erica chuckle, “The doctor’s gonna be in a minute okay?”
“Okay,” Erica replies before Mrs McCall leaves the room, and I don’t waste anytime sneaking in undetected.
Erica is resting her eyes and I grab her hospital bed and start to wheel it out of the room, making my way down to the morgue. Erica stirs slightly and I tell her to lie still before we arrive at our destination.
The morgue is empty as expected and I put on the breaks before I lean against the sterilised sink as Erica hesitantly sits up in bed breathing heavily. Her pulse is racing and I can smell her fear as I clutch the medication in my hand.
“Side effects may include anxiety, weight gain, acne, ulcerative colitis. Yeesh,” I read the warning label out loud.
It sounds terrible.
“Who are you?” Erica asks. Her blonde hair is tied back in a ponytail and there’s a very angry looking pimple on her chin which looks like it could be painful.
“Let’s just say we have a mutual friend,” I smile before I place the bottle of pills down on the sink and make my way to the end of the bed.
“You get a warning right before you have a seizure.”
“It’s called an aura. It’s . . . It’s like a metallic taste in my mouth,” the fear and uncertainty is strong as her brown eyes avoid contact with mine.
“You don’t have to lie Erica. What’s it really taste like?” I ask.
“It tastes like blood,” Erica is fighting back the tears.
“What if I told you that all of this could go away? The side effects, the symptoms, all of it and what if all those things not only went away but everything else . . . Got even better?”
I see the hope shine in her eyes, “How?”
“Let me show you,” I shift my green eyes to red and Erica stares in astonishment and shock.
“What, what are you?” She stutters.
“What you could be,” I reply and shift my canine teeth next.
Erica gasps.
“It’s okay. I’m not going to hurt you.”
“Are you a vampire?” Erica asks and I can’t help but laugh.
I mean vampire?
Really Erica?
We’re much cooler. My wolf adds.
“No. I can’t offer you an immortal life, but I can offer you a cure, and power.”
“Cure?” Erica smiles.
“That’s right and all it takes is one bite however there is the small chance it could kill you, but I know you’ll be okay. You’ll survive the bite.”
Erica isn’t shocked at all about the death part. I’m assuming it’s because she hasn’t really had the chance to live yet, and know what life can be like. I know about the torment and bullying Erica is forced to suffer because of her condition.
It’s why I picked her.
“And I’ll be what exactly?” Erica stutters slightly. Part of her doesn’t believe me. I can sense it. She is worried it sounds too good to be true.
I don’t blame her.
“You’ll be a member of my werewolf pack.”
“Werewolf?” Erica looks confused and I nod and move my hand in front of her face, showing off my sharp claws.
“You can have a better life, one without seizures and medication.”
“Just one bite?” Erica asks and I nod.
“Just one bite.”
Erica takes a slight deep breath, “I want it.”
“Okay there’s just one thing I have to warn you about . . . There’s hunters in town and they are trying to kill us, but I will protect you and teach you how to protect yourself. I won’t let them hurt you. It’s not too late to back out.”
Erica shakes her head, “No I don’t want to back out. I want the bite,”
“It’s going to hurt at first but the pain will dull quickly?” I grab her arm and linger, giving her one last chance to back out but Erica doesn’t flinch or move her arm away and I gently bite down.
Erica holds in the wince as I pull away. I can feel the change taking place already. It’s hard to predict how someone will react to the bite. For some it can take 12 hours to complete the transformation, and the other extreme is just minutes.
“How are you feeling?” I ask as Erica stares at the newly inflicted wound, and watches in astonishment as it heals before her eyes. 
“I feel different already. Is that normal?” Erica asks. Her fear is disappearing, and the hope is taking over.
“Everyone’s reaction is different,” I reply and Erica smiles.
“So this means I’m going to live right?”
I nod and Erica is trying to fight back the tears or relief.
I bet she is going to look hot! My wolf is practically already drooling.
She isn’t even 16 yet!
I know. I was just saying.
Well don’t.
Fine geez someone needs to take a chill pill or sneak into Kristin’s bed again.
Or you could just shut the hell up.
Whatever crabby pants.
“You’re going to be fine, better than fine,” I promise.
Erica’s smile is reaching from ear to ear, “I need a lift.”
“Where to?”
“Home, I need to get changed and then get back to school?” Erica smirks.
“Okay,” I agree.
Two down and one more to go . . .

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
SORRY it’s short.
SHOUTOUT time. I haven't done this for a while because I haven't had much time to read at the moment. If you haven't checked out Fated by WolfAura then you should give it a go. I think you'll enjoy it.
VOTECOMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY... XOX