Belle: Celebration

(Previously: Belle visits Isaac after the full moon. Belle brings peace offerings to Lydia who accepts them but isn’t ready to accept Belle’s apology. Finally Belle stops off at Scott’s and she and Stiles argue briefly.)

My mother told me she barely got to Kristin in time on the night of the full moon. Just the thought of Kristin being gone forever is too much, and I have to push it far from my mind as I exit the practically empty classroom- Biology class just finished.
“What the hell is wrong with you?” Jackson grabs Lydia’s arm and drags her past the lockers and around the corner.
“Is it possible to die of boredom, and return from the dead?” Zan asks sarcastically as we stop at her locker.
“I think it must be,” I reply as Zan twists the lock and opens the metal door, and I eavesdrop on Jackson and Lydia's conversation.
“What?” Lydia asks surprised.
“Show it to me. Show it to me. Come on,” Jackson sounds pissed.
“Are you out of your mind?” Lydia asks.
“Nothing happened to you. It’s like . . . It’s like you’re immune,” Jackson seethes.
“I don’t have a clue what you are talking about.”
“It’s . . . It’s you. Whatever it is, blood, saliva. Whatever soul killing substance is running through your veins- you did this to me. You ruined it for me. You ruined everything!” Jackson yells before he storms away in the opposite direction.
Derek bit Jackson, and by the sounds of it the change isn’t happening, but then shouldn’t Jackson be dead?
Isn’t that how it works?
I’m so confused.
“Belle, Belle . . . Belle!” I hear Zan trying to gain my attention.
“Yeah,” I stop focussing on Lydia and notice Zan is leaning against her shut locker, empty handed and ready to head to lunch.
“Are you okay?” Zan asks. Her dark hair is down and neatly cascading over her shoulders, not one single hair is out of place.
“Yeah of course,” I lie.
“I know it must be hard for you with Isaac missing and wanted by the police-” Zan starts.
I hate lying to her.
“I’ll be okay. It’s not me I’m worried about. Hey can you save me a seat. I’ll be there in a few minutes,” I ask.
Zan nods her head, “Yeah.”
“Thanks,” I reply before I use my sense of smell to track down Lydia. After a few minutes I find her in front of the sports cabinet. She doesn’t even notice me, and as I follow her gaze I see a basketball trophy with Peter Hale’s name engraved on it.
Peter Hale . . . I never knew him and I’m glad he’s dead. He nearly killed Derek, and Kristin. So why is Lydia staring at his high school basketball trophy?
“Are you okay?” I ask and Lydia nearly jumps out of her skin.
Lydia forces a smile, “I’m fine.” Lydia’s heart accelerates briefly before it returns to its normal rhythm and I know she is lying.
“Lydia-”
“I said I’m fine Belle,” Lydia snaps.
“You don’t look fine, in fact you like you've just seen a ghost,” I reply and Lydia just rolls her eyes.
“We’re not friends Belle. It’s none of your concern,” Lydia replies before she storms off towards the cafeteria.
I don’t know what is happening to her, but something isn’t right. Peter did bite her and nearly kill her. Maybe they share some after death connection. Is that even possible? At this point anything seems possible.
I wish there was something I could do to help.
After enough time has passed I make my way to Zan who is sitting at a small table with two trays of food.
“Did you buy me lunch? Is this like a date?” I tease before I sit across from her.
Zan made sure to get me some of my favourites: tater tots, chicken salad and chocolate pudding.
“Sure as long as you don’t tell Isaac. He might get jealous,” Zan smirks and I can’t help but chuckle slightly.
I want to tell Zan the truth about me, about everything but what if she gets hurt because of it? Stiles has been in the middle of it all with Scott, and has come close to being mauled to death by both Scott and Peter.
It would be selfish of me to drag Zan into it.
Damn it.
Why did I have to grow up and become responsible?
“Don’t worry I can keep a secret.”
“Oh my god is that Erica?” Zan’s jaw drops and I quickly turn in my seat to see Erica walk into the cafeteria wearing a short black leather skirt, matching jacket and a white singlet. Her blonde hair is bouncing with each step, she literally looks flawless. 
Damn girl.
Erica stops walking as she reaches the table in front of us where a few guys are sitting and gawking. Erica grabs the apple off his tray and takes a bite as everyone stares in shock, confusion and awe. Erica is a werewolf and I’m guessing the newest member of Derek’s pack.
“I’m hallucinating right?” Zan asks as Erica grins and struts out of the room.
“All I’m going to say, is that’s one hell of a makeover,” I reply and spot Lydia across the room looking shocked beyond belief.
I can feel her jealousy from across the room.
Lydia’s gotten used to being the “hot popular girl” and I can tell she is worried Erica might steal the title away, but at the same time I know it’s on the bottom of her list of things to worry about.
“I need to get the name of her guy.”
“No you don’t,” I reply sharply and a little too quickly.
“Okay . . . Seriously Belle what’s going on?” Zan asks.
“Nothing, I just meant it can’t be natural, besides you look great,” I smile.
“Not great enough to attract that much attention from the opposite sex,” Zan huffs in annoyance.
I know the feeling.
“You’ve just got to be patient. If it happened to me than it can happen to you,” I can’t help but smile at how much everything changed so quickly.
“Have you heard from Isaac?” Zan asks.
I shake my head and have to push away the guilt from lying, “No, but I’m sure everything will work itself out.”
“How can you be so confident?” Zan asks.
I shrug, “Isaac is innocent.”
“Well I can’t wait until he’s back. It’s about time you two finally get together. Isaac’s had a crush on you forever.”
“How’d you keep it a secret?” I ask.
Zan has a bigger mouth than I do.
“He made me promise.”
“I can’t believe I didn’t realise.”
“You had tunnel vision? it’s not your fault Scott is so cute and adorable,” Zan replies before she grabs a tater tot and pops it in her mouth. I can hear her chewing clearly as if she had her mouth right against my ear.
Small noises like that were beyond irritating at first when I was getting used to my werewolf hearing, but now it doesn’t even phase me.
“What about your tunnel vision?” I ask.
“What are you talking about?” Zan plays dumb.
“You know exactly what I’m talking about.”
While I was busy crushing on Scott, Zan was busy crushing on Stiles. I still don’t understand why.
“Stiles is too busy crushing on Lydia. I’ve given up on him besides we’re a terrible match anyway. We’d never work out, although it would’ve been cool to be your cousin in law,” Zan smirks.
“Well it’s his loss.”
“Damn straight,” Zan chuckles and I join her.
After the bell rings and the school day ends I waste no time getting in my car and heading straight for Derek’s new hideout where Isaac awaits me. Of course I make surr no ome is following me. He’s probably bored out of his brains.
I know I would be.
Just to be safe I park a few blocks away and walk the rest of the way. I use my senses to make sure there’s no one around, and all I pick up on is a couple of cats who sound like they are in the middle of a territory war.
“Hey,” Isaac’s blue eyes light up as he meets at the bottom of the steps, and I can’t help but smile as I pounce and wrap my arms around his neck.
“How was school? Isaac asks.
“Same old, same old,” I reply as Isaac’s arms wrap around my torso, “Well except for the surprise during lunch.” I peek behind Isaac and try to spot Erica.
“Derek’s training her senses at the moment.”
“Sounds like fun,” I smirk and Isaac presses his lips against mine before he pulls away but keeps close proximity.
It’s intoxicating . . . He’s intoxicating. If I had of known what I was missing out on I would’ve given up on Scott years ago.
“How’s Zan?” Isaac asks.
“She’s worried about you. I hate that I can’t tell her.”
“I know,” Isaac leans his forehead against mine. I wish we could be alone, but I have a feeling that’s not going to happen anytime soon, especially if Derek is going to keep building his pack.
“She’d think we were crazy.”
“Even with the proof staring her in the face,” Isaac adds and we both chuckle slightly. Zan is black and white when it comes to science and facts. Her brain would probably have a meltdown or something.
“You two need to get a room,” I hear Erica and I quickly kiss Isaac before I pull away and Isaac does the same.
Erica is standing in front of the train with a bored expression on her face, and her arms crossed over her chest.
“How’d the training go?” Isaac asks and grabs hold of my hand before he walks us over to the couches.
“Great. I have a good teacher,” Erica smirks and I can see the lust in her eyes as Isaac sits on the couch and pulls me down beside him. I don’t blame her but I also feel slightly irritated since Derek and Kristin belong together. It’s completely obvious I just wish they would hurry up and get their shit together.
It’s frustrating to sit by and watch.
“You surprised everyone at school today?” I say to Erica who takes a seat across from us.
“That was the point.”
“So . . . It cured you epilepsy?”
Erica nods smiling from ear to ear and it’s almost odd. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her smile before. Erica kept to herself at school, mostly because of the jerks that liked to pick fun of her condition.
“And I want to celebrate.”
“Celebrate?” Isaac questions.
“I want to go out for pizza.”
“I’m a fugitive,” Isaac replies.
“Belle’s not,” Erica stands to feet and extends her hand waiting for me to take it.
I look at Isaac and I can tell he is already feeling left out although he is trying to hide it. I don’t want to leave him.
“It’s okay. We can catch up later,” Isaac encourages me.
“Promise?”
“I promise. I’ll even come to you.”
“But-” I start.
“The hunters don’t know we are together yet. You don’t have to worry. I’ll stay out of sight,” Isaac squeezes my hand gently before he lets go and I stand to my feet.
“Did I hear something about pizza?” Derek practically appears from the shadows. Seriously I don’t know how he keeps surprising me, or how he can almost sound depressed uttering the word pizza.
It’s the best food in the world.
“I want to celebrate, please,” Erica chimes.
“Okay but bring me back a pepperoni pizza with mushrooms, and whatever Isaac wants,” Derek grabs his wallet from his jeans pocket and grabs out a fifty dollar bill. Erica is quick to snatch it away and clutches it in her hand.
“You know I’m not your slave right?” Erica asks.
“Think of it as part of your training,” Derek smirks slightly, as if moving his lips too much would crack his face.
“Part of my training?” Erica questions.
“To follow orders,” Derek replies.
Erica rolls her eyes, “Fine.”
“I want the same but with extra cheese,” Isaac grins like an idiot, and I can’t help but smile. Isaac loves pizza just as much as I do.
“You coming Belle?” Erica asks before she starts to head to the surface, clanging up the stairs.
“I’ll see you later,” I blow Isaac a kiss before I follow after Erica, and I feel like an idiot afterwards. Plus I’m pretty sure Derek laughed at me.
Jerk!

The Pizza Place is crowded by teens stopping by for an after school snack, and Erica is more than pleased as they all stare wide eyed, even after we take a seat at one of the few empty tables.
“Let me guess your favourite is pepperoni?” Erica asks.
“Sure is. What’s yours?”
“Pineapple with extra cheese.”
“We can get both and do half and half,” I suggest.
Erica nods, “Sounds good to me,” her gaze flicks around the room, smirking as everyone turns away and pretends they were never staring in the first place.
“Doesn’t it bother you that they keep staring?”
“I’ve spent most of my life being invisible, well except for when I had my seizures. They would stare at me pointing and laughing,” Erica’s smile faded completely.
“And now they are staring for completely different reasons,” I reply and Erica nods just before the waitress reaches our table.
“Can I take your order?” The dark haired woman asks as she clutches the notebook and pen in her hand.
“We’d like half with pineapple and extra cheese, and half pepperoni thanks,” I reply.
“Any drinks?”
“Coke thanks,” Erica and I reply at the same time and I can’t help but chuckle slightly.
“You got it,” The woman smiles before she leaves our table.
 “Well look who it is,” Amanda is standing by Lindsay’s side both looking smug.
They’re a part of Lydia’s group, followers that Lydia puts up with so it makes her look like she has close friends. Of course I know better. I was Lydia’s best friend before she dumped me, and it looks like Allison is taking my place.
“What do you want?” I ask.
Amanda thinks she’s hot because of her twig like stature and long blonde hair, while Lindsay thinks she’s superior because she “resembles” Nina Dobrev when in reality all they have in common is straight brown hair and brown eyes.
“We just came here to say hello to Erica,” Lindsay replies with a bitchy smirk. I’m almost tempted to wipe it off her face, with my claws.
“Yeah we love the new look,” Amanda replies sarcastically.
Erica chuckles, “It almost sounds like you’re jealous.”
“Oh please, of you? I don’t think so,” Lindsay disagrees.
“Yeah we’re not that sad,” Amanda agrees and flicks her blonde hair back behind her shoulder like she’s in an over the top hair advertisement.
“Then why are you here?” Erica asks.
“Why are you?” Lindsay snaps.
“Okay I think that’s enough,” I intervene.
“It’s enough when I say it’s enough. Just because you got a makeover it doesn’t mean anything,” Lindsay practically hisses.
“You’re still a loser and you’ll always be a loser,” Amanda smiles.
“One that pisses her pants in front of everybody,” Lindsay chuckles and I feel the rage spike within Erica as she stands to her feet. Erica couldn’t control it, it happened sometimes with her epileptic fits.
In other words it was a very low blow. I’d want to rip them apart if I were Erica of course that would end badly for all of us.
“They’re not worth it,” I try to talk Erica down as her nails shift into claws but luckily Lindsay and Amanda don’t notice.
But that could change at any moment.
“Oh please Belle you’re just as much of a loser as Erica,” Lindsay’s brown eyes narrow before she crosses her arms over her chest as Erica stares her down like a starving rabid dog.
“Erica!” I can sense the change about to take place.
“Come on Erica. Prove to everyone that you’re just a dumb crazy bitch,” Lindsay baits her, and I know if I don’t do something Erica is going to lose control.
“Erica,” I reach across the table and grab her hand- forcing her to look at me and away from the two dumb bitches. My gaze quickly drops down to her claws digging into the table before I look her in the eyes.
Erica looks down at the table and her brown eyes widen in shock before she clenches her fists hiding her claws.
“We should go,” I urge.
“Leaving already?” Lindsay asks clearly pleased with her work.
I’d love to smack both of them in the face but now is not the time. We’d be better off waiting and jumping them in the parking lot.
“Erica let’s go,” I yank on her hand, and Erica takes a deep breath before she yanks her hands free and rushes out of the restaurant.
I can’t believe them, “You just hit an all new low. You’re both pathetic!” I hiss before I rush after Erica who is leaning against the brick wall around the corner, slumped over panting and fighting the change.
“I want to rip their heads off.”
“I know, but you can fight this. You’re better than them.”
“It’s always going to be the same,” Erica almost sounds helpless.
“No it’s not,” I reply hopeful, and after a few moments Erica’s breathing returns to its normal pace.
Thank god. The last thing we need is a massacre.
“I didn’t get the pizzas for Derek,” Erica stands straight and I watch as her claws shift back into nails.
“Luckily we have more than one take away restaurant,” I smile and try to push away the guilt. I left Erica alone for the past few years because I thought that was what she wanted but I should’ve reached out.
If I had then maybe Erica wouldn’t have said yes to Derek, and been put right in the middle of a war between hunters and werewolves. If I could go back in time I wouldn’t even ask Derek to offer Isaac the bite.
I screwed up.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
THE SONG is for Erica.
VOTECOMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY... XOX