Kristin: Ripped Shirt

(Previously: Kristin has a talk with Gerard and warns Belle to keep her distance. Belle senses that Kristin isn’t human anymore. Kristin tortures herself and makes sure she won’t be able to hurt anyone or anything during her first turn. Derek visits and Kristin is furious that he turned Isaac. They fight and he leaves. Kristin warns Belle that Gerard will use her to get to Isaac if he finds out they are dating.)

Last night already seems like a very painful and distant memory . . . “Kristin!” My mother shouted. It sounded like an echo moving around me as I stood in the middle of the darkness, lost and alone.
“Mom?” It hurt to talk, and sounded like nothing more than a quiet whisper.
“Kristin please come back to me,” Her voice was full of despair and growing louder with each word spoken.
“Mom where are you?” I asked desperately.
“Why did you do this?” Her voice was too loud and I felt the shooting pain in my ears becoming unbearable. I couldn’t help but cringe.
“Mom? . . . Mom?” My eyes snapped open but my vision was blurry. I could only just make out the outline of her body under the harsh bright light.
“Oh my god Kristin what did you do?” I felt the searing pain as the knife was yanked out of my thigh, and a small scream escaped as the metal clanged against the cold tiled and no doubt bloody floor.
It didn’t sound like me.
“Mom I . . .” My brain was foggy, nearly as bad as my vision.
I couldn’t think.
The pain was too strong.
It hurt everywhere. I preferred the darkness.
“It’s going to be okay,” Mom told me and I suddenly felt weightless as the harsh light started to dim and the pain started to lessen in my eyes and my head.
I was in a different place. The surface was soft like a bed, much better than the hard floor.
“I’ll be right back,” her voice trailed off and I felt my eyes getting heavy again before the darkness dragged me back down under.
When I woke I felt a hand gripping my chin, and cold liquid was being forced down my throat. Half of it ended up all over me as I sputtered and choked. My stomach instantly tied in knots and I felt the contents of my stomach making its way North.
A bucket was held in front of me just in time for me to avoid emptying my stomach all over me, and it felt like hours before my stomach finally settled, although I knew in reality it had probably only been an hour at most.
“Come on,” my mother grabbed the bucket off of me and put it on the floor beside the bed before she grabbed me and carried me back to the bathroom. My vision was finally starting to clear up, and I could make out the tiled walls clearly but I still felt heavy as the pain continued to grip my body.
If I had of been clear of mind I would’ve been embarrassed as my mother stripped me of my clothes and placed me gently in showerr but it’s not like she hadn’t seen me naked before.
“It’s going to be cold at first,” my mother warned me before I felt the ice cold water washing over my body. Thankfully after a few turns of the hot water tap the temperature was almost perfect.
Not to hot but not cold either.
“Wash yourself,” my mother handed me a face washer and I complied with her request before she left the room. It hurt to move my muscles but I persevered and made sure I didn’t miss even an inch of my body.  
After the shower my mother helped me dress into my favourite pair of grey baggy sweat pants and a sweatshirt. Since the wolfsbane had been removed from the inside and outside of my body I was healing quickly.
“What the hell Kristin?” My mother asked. I was leaning against the headboard while she sat on the edge of the bed. The look of disappointment and fear were shinning in her blue eyes, and I knew I nearly scared her to death. Her skin was as nearly pale as mine, although I was finally gaining back colour in my olive skin.
“I was handling it,” I replied.
“Handling it by killing yourself?” My mother was outraged.
“No. I just . . . I was making sure I wouldn’t be able to hurt anybody. That’s all. I guess I overdid it.”
“Overdid it? You nearly killed yourself! Do you hate yourself that much? Hate us that much?”
I shook my head, “It’s not like that.”
“You chose to nearly kill yourself rather than come to me. How else am I meant to interpret it?”
I didn’t want to hurt her. I didn’t mean- I didn’t think . . .
“I’m sorry,” I apologised although I knew it was going to take more than that. I royally screwed up.
“I don’t know what I would’ve done if I didn’t make it in time,” I could see the tears surfacing in her eyes.
Honestly I don’t know what I was thinking exactly. I thought I could handle it by myself. Maybe I overdid it intentionally . . . subconsciously. I don’t know what I’m doing anymore or who I am.
I don’t know what’s happening.
“I’m sorry mom,” I apologised again.
It was stupid.
“Never do that again.”
“I won’t. I promise.”
“Come on let’s get you home,” my mother got off the bed and left the motel room, and I did the same.
We made it home in time just before I got a call from my father who told me that Isaac was nearly killed tonight, and was a part of Derek’s pack.
Derek arrived shortly after. I remember everything I said. I wish I didn’t. If Belle knew what I said about Isaac, she would give me the silent treatment for a few weeks at the very least. I was just so angry.