Chapter 20

I ended up getting the blue swimsuit and I quickly changed into it, deciding to go to the beach instead of the pool. I splashed around for a while before sitting down with Adam.

As I spent the day with Adam, I learned more about him like the fact that he had a little sister that he would do anything for. I didn't feel the same with Gabby and Emma, but it's probably because we only met recently. Adam was actually really cool and we had lots of fun together.

He also told me about his mate. Supposedly, his father angered another more powerful alpha. The only way to stop war was to make Adam and his mate part. His mate was taken away to live with another family, and her mind was wiped and replaced with other memories. That other family's son brainwashed her to thinking that they were mates and she was adopted and they were set to get married soon. 

" But, now, my family's pack is one of the most powerful and everyone is helping me find my mate. The other family is letting me see her, but I can't tell her that we were and are mates. But, I don't know if I can stick to that rule, " He says, sadly, looking out to the ocean as we sat in the sand. 

" That's so sad, " I say, feeling horrible for him. 

" Well, what do you think I should do?" He asks and I stare confused. 

" What do you mean?" I ask. 

" I mean, should I tell her that she is my mate or not?" He asks, turning his whole body towards me. 

" Maybe wait a little and then tell her and to be honest, I'm only saying that because I want you to stick around. " I say, blushing. 

" I think I am going to tell her, but I don't think she will believe me, " He says, sadly, and I felt butterfly's. What? Why?

" Well, I believe you, If that counts for something. Also, if she doesn't accept you, then she's crazy, " I say, smiling. 

" This coming from the girl who thought I was a creepy stalker when she first met me, " He teases and I snort. 

" Well, that was before I got to know you, but now I do, "  I say, blushing. 

" And..? " He tempts, " What do you think of me now?" 

" I.... " I hesitate before answering, " I think your pretty cool, "

" Ahh! I got the ladies seal of approval. I can die happily now, " He says, pretending to faint. I smack his chest and laugh. I look around and notice the sun setting. 

" Adam... " I say. He sits up. " We were talking all day. I didn't even eat lunch, " I continue. 

" Well, then we should probably get you back home, " He says, standing up and offering his hand to me, helping me up. 

" Thank you, my kind sir, " I say, standing up and dusting the sand off of me. 

" Well, anything for the princess, " He says, in a fake british accent. It was so bad that I started laughing, almost to the point of falling on the ground. " IT was not that funny, " He says, in the accent. 

" Yes, it was, " I manage to say in between laughs. 

We joke around like this as we get in his car and drive back to the castle. 

" This was so much fun, Adam, " I giggle. 

" Agreed. Same time tomorrow?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. He looked so cute! wait, what was I thinking? I am to be wed to my mate and I'm thinking of others.

" Yeah"  I stutter out before shaking my head and closing the door. I look at the time and notice that it's already 10:30. I'm meeting Adam tomorrow so I should go to sleep right now.