Chapter 2 - Shifting Time!

Skylars point of view

When I wake up, I go on my phone for a while. Mom walks by and sees me awake so she says,'' Its Shifting day''

I squeal, '' Noah is going to be so mad that you didnt tell him''

Mom just laughs and walks away after saying, ''I'm sure he will be, honey''

Noah went to his friends, slash future beta, house for the night. I know that he doesnt know that I will be shifting tonight. Apparently, Noah loves the color of my wolf. My wolf is golden. It means that I'm vunerable. I have the power to shock people with the touch of my hand. I can become the most powerful person ever. That is why I only phase once a year.

I walk into our backyard and pick a spot to take off my clothes. I go behind the tallest slash fattest tree so no one can see me

I shift and I hear my bones crack. Most wolfs get over the pain by now but it is always painful for me. Then again, I'm not most wolfs. My first shift was at 14 and I am now 16.

I run around, making sure that no one saw me and run back home. I look at the time and gasp. I have been running for 3 hours.

''Sky, is that you?'' calls Noah

I havent phased back so I just hang my head. He shifts and opens a mind link between us.

mom and dad were really worried. you usually go out for one hour tops, he says

I know. I lost track of time. sorry, i say

Don't apologize to me, he says

sorry anyways, i say and ask,, will you bring me some clothes

He shifts back and puts on his clothes. He walks in the house and I can see him in my room. He comes back out and wordlessly, hands me a shirt, shorts and undergarments. He was blushing as red as a tomato.

I hold back a giggle and go behind the tree. I shift and put my clothes on. I, then, run back inside and say, '' im home,''

My parents come runninng from the living room. My mom screams, '' where were you?''

'' relax, i lost track of time'' i say

''dont tell your mother to relax. you gave us all a scare'' my dad scolds

'' chill. im fine, aren't I?'' i say

'' I will not chill, young lady'' says dad

'' dad, you try going a year withut shifting. You would lose track of time too. Sorry I didnt bring a watch'' i say, mad. With that, I storm off to my room and wont come out, Even when Noah uses his voice with me and when dad uses his Alpha voice. I can't. I am too mad.