Chapter 23

AN at the bottom, PLEASE READ!!!!!

Adam and I haven't figured out how to tell Noah or if we should at all. It's not fair how we have to hide that we are mates from everyone. Though, I think Gabby and Emma are onto us. Adam just says I'm paranoid. 

Today is the day I'm supposed to go wedding dress shopping with my mom but I don't know if I can go through with it. Not just the dress shopping but the entire wedding. 

I know I should have at least felt some sort of attraction between Noah and I when he kissed me bye this morning but I just know that I couldn't pretend. 

Noah was going to be here but he's on yet another business meeting. I'm kind of glad because this way, I can fake a smile without being found out.

After Adam's story, I don't even know if I'm going shopping with my real family. Adam refuses to tell me, I've tried to get him to tell me about my past life but he won't budge. 

At the shop, I tried on quite a few dresses but didn't like any of them, which was a lie. I loved one of them but I made every excuse not to wear it. We all decided to go out for ice cream and just try again another day. AS IF

 Later on that day, I decided to go see Adam in his office. I had to travel about 20 minutes away from the castle that I apparently live in but that's a small price to pay. 

When I open the door, I see him with his father, the Alpha and his father's beta. They were looking at a couple pieces of paper and didn't notice me when I walked in. 

I knocked on the door a couple times causing the guys to look up. 

" Who are you? I specifically told the guards not to let anyone in.. " Adam's father says. 

" Dad, this is Chloe, she's my mate, " He says, coming over to give me a hug and smiles very wide. 

" Oh, my apologies, come look, this is our plan to get you back from your fake mate, " His father says. 

" It's fine, Alpha..., " I trail off not knowing what to call him

" Alpha Daniel, but that doesn't matter, just call me Daniel, okay?" He says with a smile as we begin to pour over the plan. 

Once it started to get slightly dark, I decided it was time to go home. 

" Bye, Daniel. Bye, Casey, " I say, to the Alpha and the Beta. Adam walked me to my car. 

" Bye, Adam.. " I whisper, knowing this is the last time I would see him before the plan begins in 3 days time. 

" Bye, Chloe, " He says, sadly before kissing me. 

I get in my car and turn the ignition on before he continues, " I love you"

He loves me? I can't believe this. I force my mouth to talk and say, " I love you too, " Before driving back. The whole way home, I was smiling ear to ear. 

When I got to my room, I realized it was locked. Noah must have accidently locked it before he went to sleep because he wasn't opening it. 

I got my key and opened the door only to see a ghost of my past, with her tongue down my fake mate's throat. 

A/N: Guess who? It's me even though I literally haven't posted for a whole year!!!!! I'm SOOOOOO sorry!! I promise to try to update more but here's the reasons for me not writing, 

1) Writer's block sucks

2) I'm a lazy procrastinator

3) I've been dealing with some family stuff

Super sorry guys, I hope this makes up for it. If it doesnt, can't do anything about it except promise that it WILL NOT be another year for the next update!! Again, SORRY!!!!!!