seven

Mara

I didn't know what to believe.

Yeah, I don't think Alex would do that. But would Justin lie?

Justin is the only person that really knew me. He was always there for me back in Florida but he's different now. I don't know how or why, but he's different. I don't know if it's because he's jealous of Alex, or because he's still mad at me for moving to LA.

He was never supporting. He told me that it was a waste of time and that I wouldn't become anyone. I mean, Alex is helping me realize who I want to be. He understands me, as he also packed up everything to move to LA. Alex doesn't seem like the type of person to use people but then again, Noelle didn't seem like the type of person to threaten to throw your roommate out because she thinks your into the guy she likes.

I enter the apartment and collapse on the couch. I close my eyes, ready to confront Justin when he comes home. I need to know the truth, and I'm guessing that he didn't stay at dinner with Noelle and Alex.

Ugh, poor Noelle. She was so excited for this, and now she's going to be mad at Alex. Am I mad at Alex? I think I should just give him some space to figure things out and so I can figure stuff out. I mean, Justin wouldn't punch someone for no reason, right? I know that he has anger issues, but that doesn't mean that he goes punching people.

But the whole night he kept making rude comments to Alex, and Alex didn't really retaliate. But Alex could've waited until they were both in the bathroom until he reacted, so he didn't look bad in front of Noelle and I. But it wasn't Alex that followed Justin to the bathroom, it was Justin that followed Alex.

This whole thing doesn't make sense. I don't know the full story, but once Justin gets home, I intend to find out.

Around 1 am, I wake up. I must've fallen asleep on the couch, great. I stand up and stretch my arms. I plug my phone in in the kitchen and head to my room, expected to find a sleeping Justin in bed.

But there's no Justin. I look in Noelle's room, and she's not there either. What the heck? Are they okay? Did something happen? I change into some  black joggers and a white tank and slide on my black tennis shoes. I grab my phone and outside. I walk out the front door of the apartment building.

I check Snapchat because that's where they have the Snapchat map and you can see where everyone is. Slightly creepy, yes. But helpful in times of these. I see that Noelle is at a club a few blocks away. Should I go there?

I call Noelle just to see if she picks up. Thankfully, she does. "What?" She says the second she picks up the phone. "Where are you guys? It's 1 am," I ask. "Fuck off, Mara. You deserve everything that happens to you," Noelle says. "Are you drunk?" I ask. "Why do you even care?" She asks as the call ends.

Noelle might be a bitch sometimes, but I need to find her. I go to where her location says she is. Unfortunately, I'm only 20 so I can't get in. "Come on, please. I'll be back in 5 minutes, I just need to get my friend," I beg the bouncer.

"Sorry, no can do," he says. I sigh. How am I supposed to get Noelle? She's underage and it's 1 am and she has class tomorrow. I decide to look for a back door, so I walk down an alleyway right next to the club.

I see a door that two people just came out of. I hurry to catch the door before it closes, and I'm lucky it didn't close. I open the door and go to walk in until I hear someone say Justin's name.

I turn to see the two people that just came out making out against the wall. No way that's....

But his familiar hair gave it away.