Chapter Nineteen {Seth's POV} *Edited

© Amber Kalkes 2014

*Song Of The Chapter: "Below My Feet" By Mumford And Sons

Chapter Nineteen: The Return Of Fabio The Wonder Mutt

 >Part One<

*Seth*

The silver collar in my neck burned as I sat with my back against the cold cement wall of the cells. It soothed nothing though I convinced myself it did. The burning silver cuffs on my ankles and wrists were worse though. Every movement shot pain up my legs and arms making me growl in pain.

I thought that maybe this was karma for Newman, crossed my mind. An image of that asshole threatening my mate and scoffed out loud.

“Yeah, probably not.”

I sat with my knees in front of me with my arms balanced on them. The pain was constant but it wasn’t anything I hadn’t felt before. It just wasn’t something I would seek out in my recreational time or at any other time if I could help it.

Alek, I thought on a growl. The bastard had silver netted me then shot me with Wolfbane leaving me chained in the cells underground. I wanted to rip his throat out. I wanted to pull each of his fingers off and make him eat them. I wanted to…I felt my wolf on the surface. The spikes digging into my neck from the collar became tight as my wolf whimpered in my head.

I can’t shift or I’ll get silver to the jugular. Now that is an unpleasant way to die. Not that it matter much anyway. Alek’s little lap dog, Ann, informed me of my charges. Treason! What a fucking joke. I didn’t kill Trent or do anything that put this pack in danger. I didn’t do anything to break the deal with Sylvie, if anything she would have wanted to help more.

Sylvie.

I wondered if Jack got to her in time. I wondered if she was freaking out like I could imagine her doing. She was probably pacing like she always did when she was upset and trying to think. She was probably even swearing up a storm. I swear that girl could swear so bad it’d make a sailor scrunch his nose up in distaste.

Thinking about her helped distract me from the pain. I thought of her hair. I thought of her laugh. I thought of fire in her hazel eyes when she’s about to tell me to ‘fuck off’. I thought about her smile and how she looked while she slept. Soon the burning sensation became an annoying hum in the back of my mind as I just kept thinking about my mate.

“You look mighty content for someone about to die.” Alek’s voice mocked as he came down the stairs.

I didn’t bother responding.

“Do you think you’re little human mate will survive much longer after your dead?” he taunted. “Because I can promise you snapping that pretty little neck of hers will bring me nothing but pleasure. It’ll stop that snappy mouth of hers too.”