Chapter Sixteen *Edited

© Amber Kalkes 2014

*Song Of The Chapter: "Ho Hey" By The Lumineers

Chapter Sixteen: Getting To Know You…Still.

When one wakes up you’d think the first thoughts that enter your mind should be happy ones. Things like, “What a beautiful morning!” or “Wow, I am so well rested!” or you know anything remotely cheerful.

Instead my first thought was, “I can’t believe that furry bastard tried to leave me!”

When his thoughts floated into my mind I was pissed. Of course they hit me as I was exiting the basement as Seth did goes knows what with Newman. It was like getting hit by a mac truck in the gut. After all this, after I started to trust him the bastard thinks he can up and leave me?

Oh hell no.

I paced upstairs for an hour while Seth took care of business. What did he think he was doing? Here he had spouted all the bullshit about soul mates and never leaving me again after the first time. Everything was much more intense and connected thAn it had been the first time he had run off. Yet, he still thought that was an option.

Fuck that.

If Seth got to be all Neanderthal about his affection then so did I. He was mine. Seth West belonged to me and there was no way in hell that I was going to let him go. Especially when he came up with some bullshit about him protecting me from myself. Sure, I was surprised with how under-affected I was by the death we had lately but that was just my messed up mind and me getting into one of our daily fights.

Then I cried in front of him like a baby. That was the worst part. It wasn’t even tears of devastation, it was tears of anger. How could that fleabag think it was okay for him to up and ditch me! Sure, it was painful to think of, so painful it bordered on a physical ache but it was overpowered by the anger.

Dumbass.

I looked over my shoulder at Seth as he lay in bed with me in his black and tan plaid pajama pants. His bare chest was on show, a mouthwatering sight, with one plaid covered leg poking out from under my multi-colored quilt. On hand was resting on his abs while the other was thrown above his head. Seth’s mouth was agape with small deep snores escaping it.

He looked cute which I had to begrudgingly admit, even if I was still mad at him.

Bastard.

I willed myself to keep scowling at his adorable and sexy sleeping form. I wanted to hit him or kiss him, I wasn’t sure. It was a mixed emotions deal. Actually my emotions were all over the place now. Did I trust Seth now? To an extent yes.

I trusted him with my bodily welfare. I trusted him to protect me and be loyal to me in all situations. I trusted him to take care of me. Despite all that though I couldn’t trust him completely with my heart. Not after this last bullshit stunt of his. Nope, he’d have to earn it back. Besides, grandma always said,  ‘A little groveling never hurt a man. Might even strengthen his knees for the years to come.’