Chapter Eleven *Edited

© Amber Kalkes 2014 

*Song Of The Chapter: "Ready To Start" By Arcade Fire

 Chapter Eleven: Curiosity Killed The…Human?

“You look tired” Seth commented as I exited my bathroom.

I just got out of the shower and was dressed in some black leggings, an oversized orange sweater that fell mid-thigh and my thick black-framed glasses. My contacts had been driving me nuts and I was curious to see Seth’s reaction to them.

My hair was piled on the top of my head in a messy bun. I was just too lazy and drained to deal with that Kraken. Really, the biting ordeal had taken it out of me but I was also starving and still dealing with a massive headache.

“Do I?” I rasped out eventually. “I guess I should wear more makeup then.”

“I like you without it.” He shrugged, pulling a black t-shirt over his head.

I silently damned that shirt for covering his chest so nicely. I kind of wanted to demand he was not allowed to wear shirts in my house but that seemed a bit desperate. Why the hell should I care?

Okay, that was the new rule. Seth was banned from shirts in my house.

I would inform him later.

“So.” I sighed. “Are we going to talk about last night?”

Seth’s look was wary at best. “I guess we could but personally I’d like to get some food in you first. The marking can be a bit draining and I don’t want you to get sick.”

“That’s sweet.” I breathed out.

Girly girl alert! Someone needed to put my in quarantine.

“Shall we?” he said offering me his hand.

I took it with a small smile. “Direct me to the goodies, Sir.”

“My pleasure.”

We walked down the steps and into the kitchen on the left. It was a pretty modern kitchen considering how old the house was. Which was older than dirt, honestly. I was pretty sure the dinosaurs had helped build the first house on this plot of land.

Seth deposited me in a chair at the kitchen table with a grin. He looked so boyish when he grinned and I had a hard time not swooning like an idiot every time he did it. It lit up his face and made him seem…like he was glowing with inner light. Cheesy but captivating too. He was slowly turning me into mush and well…I found that I liked it.

I’m dragged out of my oogling episode by a plate being placed before me. My mouth watered at the sight. Bacon, eggs, toast and a hash brown sat there begging to be ripped apart and devoured like the martyrs to my hunger that they were. I promised myself that if Seth cooked like this everyday I would marry the poor bastard.