Chapter Twenty *Edited

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song Of The Chapter: "Phenomena" By Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs. 

Chapter Twenty: The Return Of Fabio The Wonder Mutt

>Part Two<

I could feel Jack’s eyes on me as I practically ran out of the room and half tripped down the stairs to get to the kitchen. I could feel him following me but my mind was spinning with all the things I could do to these assholes.

No one steals my mate and gets away with it.

No one.

I pulled out Gran’s old spell book and threw it onto the kitchen counter before rummaging through the cupboards. Taking out a stone grinder and some jars of herbs I began arranging what I would need for this to work. Jack walked up to stand across the counter from me with his eyes trained on what I was doing with fascination. I wanted to get annoyed with his hovering but I realized as clueless as I was about the whole Lycan world they were most likely as clueless about mine. brushing off any annoyance I may have had I roledl up the sleeves of my sweater and tied my hair off my face.

I was going to need as little distractions as possible.

The energy grenade spell was written in calligraphy in the book and I could see the pages were as withered as I remember. It wasn't often I had to pull this relic out of the hiding spot but right then I was I’d happy I kept it. I just never would have thought that I’d have to use it to collect my imprisoned soul mate from an insane Viking dog.

“Will you need any assistance, Miss Sylvie?” Jack asked

I spared him a glance. He looked completely into whatever I was doing. It’d be endearing and all if I wasn’t so irked by the fact that my boyfriend is somewhere out of reach. Focus, I chanted over and over in my head. I shook my head looking back at the book and getting to the task at hand.

The task at hand being making weapons of mass protection. Okay, so it’s more of an offensive weapon but I was protecting what was mine so the point was moot. Anyway, I took out the pink chalk I had out and began making the casting circle so I could bind the magic to the herbs. Luckily doing it came as easily as breathing since Gran had pretty much made me do it until either my hand would fall off of I got it right.

The woman was a drill sergeant in a past life I swore.

After packing the burlap sacks with the protection herbs I lit the black candles I had places at the five points of the elements. Fire, water, air, earth and spirit all joined together to help bind my magic and energy to the herbs making them potent and bursting with intent. I grinned when I noticed them glowing with a faint purple aura of power.

Jack’s sharp intake of breath had my eyes shooting up to see his black eye wide with wonder. I guess if I saw magically glowing baggies of energy made in front of me I’d pretty wide eyed too.