Chapter 5

This is another flashback.
--

"What is this?" I saw my Appa held up the pregnancy test.

What the hell? My eyes grew wider because of shock and nervousness, tears slowly forming. I opened my mouth and tried to explain but nothing came out. My heart is racing fast and I don't know what to do. I don't know how I should explain it. Damn it! How can you forget to throw it away!

He went near me, grabbed my face and held it tight, "Tell me! Are you pregnant?!" He yelled at me.

I saw Eomma crying on the couch, then tears escaped from my eyes then nervously muttered, "Y-Yes, Ap..pa."

Then he slapped me. The slap I deserved. It was hard that it made me step back because of too much impact.

My voice is shaking, my heart is breaking. I'm scared about what's gonna happen next. I'm scared for me, I'm scared for my baby.

I saw him clench his jaw and punch the wall behind me. His fist is bleeding, I tried to reach for it, "Ap..pa."

He pushed me away, "You're such a disgrace to this family! I didn't raise you to be a sl*t, I didn't let you go to school to wh*re around!"

I was hurt with what he said. I'm not a sl*t, I didn't wh*re around. It was the first time I did it, I didn't bed anyone aside JunMyeon. I wanted to stop myself from crying because I heard that it's bad for the baby, but I couldn't.

"Stop this, yeobo." I heard my Eomma say.

"No!" He pointed at me, "I can't believe you're my daughter, I'm disowning you from now on! Pack your things. I want you out of this house before dawn!" He slapped me again, I tasted a metallic fluid from my lips.

Aish. My lips are bleeding. Appa stormed out of the living room, Mom stood up and hugged me.

I cried in her arms, "Eomma." I repeatedly said while crying, she caressed my back.

"Forget what he said, he's just mad."

"Aren't you mad at me, Eomma?"

She wiped my tears and held my face, "I'm mad but not to the extent that I'll hurt you. Now go to your room." She smiled and guided me to my room.

She stayed there and slept beside me.

--

I woke up because I felt someone pulling my hair, "How dare you not to obey me?" I saw my dad glaring at me, "I'll give you an hour or else I'll get you out of this house dead or alive!"

I bit my lip, and nodded while crying. He slapped me once more and went outside, I saw Eomma crying again. Omo, I don't want to see her crying.

I started packing my things up. Where am I going to stay? I looked at the clock, it's just 3:36 am.

"Take these, MinHye." Eomma handed me money,"It's for you and the baby. Rent an apartment near here and I'll visit you, okay?"

I nodded at her and hugged her so tight, I'm so glad that I have her as my mother.

We went downstairs with my luggages, I saw Appa standing in the doorway.

"Give me your gadgets, even your phone together with your cards." He told me full of authority.

I stared at him. How can you do this to me, Appa? He knows that I don't have a job. He never lets me have one because he doesn't want me to work. He wants the best for me, but what's happening now?

I hopelessly fished my tab, iPod, my phone and my cards to him. I bit my lip again to suppress my tears. I turned to Eomma and hugged her again for the last time, "Saranghaeyo, Eomma." I whispered.

Then I gently went out of the door.

--

I started walking in the lonely streets of Seoul, I touched my tummy. We'll get through this, baby. Just hold on to Mommy, okay?

I wiped my almost dried tears. It's so cold tonight, it'll be dangerous for my baby if I'll stay outside. I made up my mind, I'll be staying at the Sauna for tonight.

"Ahh." I said as I lay my back on the floor. The floor is hard as usual, I'm not used to lying here. Don't worry, MinHye. Just for the next 3 hours at least.

--

When I woke up, I changed to my clothes and went outside. I have to find a place to stay for the meantime, but before I did that I ate first. I have to be strong for my baby.

After few hours of pulling my luggages and searching for an apartment, I finally found one. It was small, but it's the cheapest with everything I saw earlier that's why I settled for it.

The landlady gave me a comforter to sleep on later. I'm so glad that she's kind, she even told me that she'll let me search for a job before paying. She asked me why I'm searching for a place and why am I living alone for a very young age. She accused me of running away from home, and I cleared that thing out. I told her that I was kicked out of our house and the reason behind it.

I have to find a job. I have to live. I have to be a better version of me.