He tells me the truth ♥

Jacks.

Ross.

Den.

Jacks.

Ross.

Den.

Each name runs through my head, each on bringing a different memory. A different experience. The problem lies with the fact that one I needed to see, one I wanted to see, and the other I didn’t even know what to do with.

It’s like suddenly, in this moment, the past week has meant nothing. It’s funny how one little thing like a kiss can change someone’s life as easily as someone snapping their fingers.

As much as I cherish that moment, that kiss, a little part of me wishes that it never happened.

“Jessie,” I whisper, pulling her closer. She’s still drunk off her ass and I hope she understands what I am about to tell her. “Go to Jacks and tell him to meet me in the bathroom in ten minutes.”

She scrunches her nose up in disgust. Drunk or not, Jacks name is enough to trigger her defense mechanisms.

“Why?” She whines. “I don’t even want to go near him.” I turn her around and give her a little shove in the direction of Jacks.

“Yeah, well, we all have to do things we don’t like.” She stumbles forward and shoots me a glare over her shoulder before strutting sluggishly toward Jacks.

One down; another to go.

I nonchalantly look around for a familiar face.  Dancing in the middle of the crowd, my other friend Jennie twirls and laughs, her blonde hair creating a golden curtain around her. Cursing under my breath, I grab for a random guy walking by. Startled, he almost drops the drink in his hand. When he looks over and see’s that it is me who has grabbed him, his mouth drops open.

“H-hey?” He stutters and I give him the most winning smile I can muster. “Hey. Do you think you can do me a favor? Please?” I even pout for effect. I might of hated my status, but I wasn’t above using it to my advantage. He smiles nervously, obviously getting the attention of the most popular girl in school putting his defenses on alert.

A small amount of guilt blossoms in my gut and I wished this wasn’t as easy as this guy is making it. So instead of using my social spot to get what I want like I usually did, I drop the fake smile and groan.

“Listen,” I start, letting go or his shoulder and shrugging helplessly. “I just really need your help. A small little favor, that’s it. I know you don’t know me, but I would really appreciate it.”

He moves from one foot to the other, unease still there. “What would you need with me?” I bite my lip and motion toward where Jennie is still giving her sleazy display in the middle of the living room.

“See that blonde?” He nods and I let out a small breath. “I need her but I can’t leave this spot.” He looks away from Jennie and eyes me with curiosity.

“And why can’t you leave this spot?”

“Would you believe me if I said my future depended on it?”

He grins shyly, clearly believing that I am somehow telling the truth. “Fine. But hold my drink.” He thrusts his cup into my hands and turns on his heels, making a quick path toward Jennie. Letting out a relieved breath, I look up and notice that Den would be near me any second.

I desperately look back toward Jennie and see that the guy I sent has successfully reached her. He’s making wild hand gestures and when he motions toward where I am standing, Jennie looks my way and I give her a small smile.