Three boys ♥

“Should I put it here or... here.”

Jessie puffs as she lifts the keg and tries to maneuver it against a corner. I bring my feet up on the couch and lean back, enjoying how hard this all was for her.

Since I voiced my concerns for the keg about, oh I don’t know, a hundred times, I was more than content to lay back and let her handle it all by herself. I know it's kind of wrong, but if she wanted to get wasted tonight, then it would be all on her. 

“You know,” She grunts as the keg slides against the corner with a loud bang. “You can stop looking so smug and actually, here is a thought, help me.”

She brings a hand up and pushes her red flyaway hairs off her forehead and groans angrily. I smile at her visible discomfort  and make a show of bringing my arms behind my head.

“If I remember correctly I helped you lay out the chips, put together the speakers, and pick out cds. This,” I wave a hand toward the thing bond to ruin the night and her. “Is all you honey. I’m not even a little bit sorry about it.”

“Yeah, well,” She inquires as she finally get’s the keg where she wants it. “It wouldn’t have hurt Ben and his friends to at least offer their services. This thing is heavy.”

She leans against it, small breaths leaving her sporadically. I try not to fidget as she mentions Ben’s name. We haven’t talked much since the whole making out thing and to add insult to the whole scenario, he thinks it will happen again.

Sighing I settle into the couch and decide to not even worry about it tonight. I knew these things were going to be the harsh repercussions due to this whole thing. So in all reality it was my fault.

I just had to get through it all with a straight face.

“So,” Jessie starts while wiping at her jeans. “Jacks tonight?” I make a face and she smiles. “It kinda sucks it wasn’t Ben, you know? He seems like a good kid.”

I shake my head and look down at my own ripped jeans.

“Jess? What if, somewhere along this whole thing, I actually find someone?” She walks over to the couch and sits next to me.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, what if I fall for someone that isn’t my Prince? Should I just... go for them or keep looking? Is this really worth all of it?” Doubt starts to work it’s way in when Jessie reaches over and grabs both of my hands suddenly.

“Grace,” She says sternly. “Did you like it?”

“What?”

She squeezes my hands. “Did you like it?” She repeats earnestly. I think about the way it felt in that janitor closet and close my eyes. It was possibly the most amazing moment of my life and I never wanted to forget a second of it. 

“Yes.”

“Do you want it again?”

I don’t even have to think about it. “Yes.” She let’s go of my hands and when I open my eyes I find her smiling.

“Then find him. If you fall for someone along the way, then forget about it. But if not? Find him Grace. For some reason this guy means something to you and you want it. We go our whole lives denying what we want. Maybe it’s too hard, or not worth it at the time, and we end up never trying. If you want something Grace, truly want it, then you better give all you got to try to have it.”

I’m dumbfounded. Never has Jessie ever voiced such emotion over something like this. I don’t even try to hide the emotion currently working it’s way onto my face.