She tells me his story ♥

This is how it ends.

With me in Ross's car and soaking wet. The truth is I know how I got here, I just don't know how to go back and forget everything that lead up to this moment. And even if I could, it wouldn't change anything. I would still say what I did. I would still defend the guy sitting next to me with everything I had.

Even if it was idiotic.

"Grace," Ross finally says after a silence that felt like forever. "Why?" Sighing I follow the path of a rain drop and snuggle into my jacket. 

Such a simple question to be pushed back by such a complicated answer. The why didn't bother me. What does is what she said to me. That bothers me more than I wanted to care about. Because why should I worry about some girls opinion? A girl, might I add, I didn't even know.

"I like to think you would do the same." I whisper into the darkness, hoping the shadows would snatch the words before he can hear them. I don't look over to gauge Ross's reaction nor do I want too. If he's disappointed, or pissed, I would rather not deal with it. I've had enough to deal with already.

"Carter," He groans in exhaustion. "What on earth does that have to do with anything?" Letting out my breath, I sit up and turn in my seat to look at him. I want to see his reaction to what I am about to say.

When our eyes meet in the dark, my heart skips a little beat.

"Let me ask you something," The words rush out of me as if on their own accord. "Why haven't you tried kissing me?"

"What?" Ross responds, clearly taken aback. By the look on his face I can tell he did not expect this and I don't know why. It's such a simple question. I tuck a wet strand of hair behind my ear and try to rephrase the whole thing.

"We are attracted to each other. And before you go on and lie about it, it's the truth. I just want to know why you haven't made a move yet? Is it because I am imagining this whole thing? Is it me? Am I somehow just not good enough?" Before he can even answer me, I push on. I need to get these insecurities out before they build up and devour me whole.

"Because you can tell me. I've been told it plenty of times from guys just like you. And if that's the case, don't make me continue on this path. You already know I care for you, no matter how many times you push me away."

"And I can't help but feel," I continue, my voice dropping tentatively. "that you might just care for me too." I peek up at him and I see that his focus is now off me and on the empty parking lot. Rain continues to beat against the car, the only sound in the growing silence.

"The question isn't why I haven't kissed you," he finally says, shifting his gaze to his folded hands in his lap. "But why you haven't kissed me."

The question catches me off guard. Why on earth would he care why I haven't kissed him? It's ludicrous. I've thought a million times about leaning forward and pressing my lips against his. But what comes after is what scares me.

He could be my prince. And, god, I want him to. Not because I like him more than a friend or that I love him. I want him to be my prince because then I would know that what happened in that closet meant something. Everything Ross says, every emotion, every word, every little action is carefully thought out. He goes through life like there is a meaning to everything and that would mean that kiss wasn't just a foolish mistake.

It means it was something.

At the same time, if he isn't my prince, it will make the kiss awkward. What if the question is directed more toward the fact that I haven't kissed him simply because of the way he looks? or is? Does he find me shallow enough to care about such things? Because if I'm being honest Ross is, well, hot.