T w e n t y - f i v e

Authors POV

"Riley you didn't have to hit her!" Maya said helping drunk Riley through the front door of her apartment.

"I DIDN'T HIT HER. I just knocked some sense into her."

"What happened?" Timothy asked.

"Aunt Riley assaulted your preschool teacher aka Dad's ex fiancé." Maya said setting Riley on the couch.

"I mean Amanda was probably asking for it to get The Queen of Sunshine and Rainbows to smack her." Timothy said high-fiving Riley.

"Did you get a dress?" Timothy asked pushing Riley towards Maya so she wouldn't fall.

"Yes, I'm picking it up tomorrow but I think I'm going alone next time because some people can't hold their liquor at a free bar." Maya said smiling at fidgety Riley.

"Haha Maya I just thought of a joke." Riley snickered breathlessly.

"Shh Riley not know, you're drunk go to sleep." Maya patted Riley's head softly.

"Wait I wanna hear the joke!" Timothy's eyes grew wide with excitement. "Tell us."

"What birds are most likely to fulfill their dreams?" Riley whispered.

"I don't know?" Timothy responded.

"Sea-goals." Riley laughed breathlessly with no sound coming out.

"Okay I think she's finally lost it." Maya tried to hold back a laugh.

"How many drinks did she have??" Riley said supporting Riley up with his feet.

"I don't even think she had a full glass."

"Do you think she'll fall asleep anytime soon?" Timothy asked watching Riley laugh to herself.

"Hopefully."

"No! I will not fall asleep. Hey! Let's have a pajama par-" Riley passed out in the middle of her sentence snoring with her head tilted back.

"Well that was easy." Timothy smiled but quickly frowned walking to the bathroom, "Those jelly beans did NOT settle well." He said closing the bathroom door.

Maya's POV

I covered Riley in a blanket and tiptoed to Timothy's room to find Lucas reading, "Hey you." I said leaning on the doorframe.

"Hey." He smiled setting his book down patting a spot next to him for me to sit. I laid next to him while his arms were wrapped around me, "You ready for next Saturday?" I asked turning my head to him.

He turned his head toward me and just smiled, "I Can't wait any longer." He replied bringing my hand to his lips and kissing it, "I love you."

I just smiled knowingly, "Thanks!" I turned around to walk to the living room but turned back to him and kissed his cheek, "I love you too. Now let's go get some extra sheets to make a bed on the couch." I smiled grabbing his hand walking out of Timothy's room.

***
Next Morning
8:30 am

The alarm on Lucas' phone went off and I grumbly turn it off. "What day is it?" I ask turning towards Lucas.
He doesn't respond so I kick him and watch as he slides off the couch. He jumps up quickly and decisively rolls into a ball across the room hitting the coffee table like some weird ninja, "Ow."

"What are you doing? Just get up." Maya said groggily, "What day is it?" She asked rubbing her eyes.

"I think it's Wednesday." He replied squinting at his phone, "It's almost 9am."