F o u r t e e n

Maya's POV

"Timothy Hart get your little butt in here!" I called sternly from the living room.

A few seconds later I saw Timothy's head pop out for his room, "Yes?"

"Didn't I tell you to clean this up a week ago?" I said pointing to the tornado of stuffed animals on the floor.

"Yes but I'm not done playing with them!"

"If you're not done, then why are you playing in your room with different toys?"

Timothy thought for a while, "I don't want to have to clean them up and then get them all set up again later!" Timothy whined slouching on the couch.

I ran my hands through my hair and pointed to the big mess of toys, "This better be cleaned up when I get out of the shower, kid."

"But mommmmm!"

"I mean it." I said raising my eyebrows.

Timothy's POV

This is so unfair, I'll just clean up half of it and hid the rest behind the couch. She'll never know! I finished cleaning up and went to my mom's room. I decided to go through her closet to find the black box...it's where the toys I don't clean up go when I don't listen. It's all the way at the tippy top of the shelf but I can reach it now cause I've grown a lot. I grabbed a chair and stood on it to reach, I had to stand on my tippy toes to get it. I couldn't see the box but I know what it felt like. There was this metal box in the way, I took it down and shook it....Oooh! TREASURE! I hopped off the chair totally forgetting what I was looking for, I held the mysterious metal box and sat on my mom's bed....this is it! I'm about to be rich in a few seconds! I pretended I had a sword and slashed open the box, cause that's what pirates do before they open their buried treasure...I opened the box to find old pictures...what a disappointment. I was about to close the box when I noticed a picture of my mom and Mr. Lucas. They were kissing YUCK! Oh no! My mom kissed Miss. Birds ex future husband! Wow I feel really smart for remembering the family connections...I kept looking through the pictures...it looks like they like each other, but why wouldn't mom tell me? She kept a secret from me. So did Mr. Lucas, why would they not tell me? Mom said we weren't allowed to keep secrets and she broke the rules! And she's getting away with it! I felt my face getting hot and my eyes starting filling up with tears. Does mom not trust me?

Maya's POV

"Timothy, did you clean up your toys?" I asked wrapping a towel around my body, "Timothy what's wrong?" He looks like he has been crying.

"You kept a secret from me!" Timothy cried wipping his eyes. I looked down at the metal box, oh no he found it, "Timothy, honey let's talk about this. Why are you crying?" I stepped closer to him to wipe his tears but he ran out of the room, crap, I still need to get dressed. I quickly put on jeans and a t-shirt and nocked on Timothy's door, "Kid? I'm sorry I didn't tell you. That was so uncool of me and I pinky promise to never do that again, ok?" He didn't answer, "Timothy?" I asked creaking his door open. He wasn't there, "Timothy? Where are you?" I looked around the living room hoping to find him hiding in the couch but he wasn't, "Timothy Hart, this isn't funny." I warned. I looked at the front door which was half open. Oh my gosh.
My hair still damp, I ran out the door and called Timothy's name, "Timothy!" I ran my hands through my hair and grabbed my phone out of my pocket and dialed the only person I could think of.

*phone call convo*
L: Hello?
M: Lucas? Oh my gosh is Timothy with you?"
L: No, why? He isn't with you?
M: No, I think he ran away. You need to Come over right now.
L: Why would he run away?
M: I'll explain later, just get over here.
*phone call ended*