S i x t e e n

Maya's POV
"Ok kid, what I'm about to tell you may be some heavy stuff..." I smiled softly.

"Why is Lucas here." Timothy questioned pointing at Lucas.

"Yeah, why am I hear?" Lucas chimed in.

"Because," I raised my eyebrows at Lucas trying to make it pretty obvious, "Me and Lucas want to explain something to you."

"Ohhhh that." Lucas finally realized.

"Explain what?! I'm so confused." Timothy sighed.

"Timothy, I'm about to tell you something and I'm gonna need you to put on your grownup cap on."

"Ok, I got it on." Timothy smiled while forming a cap with his hands.

I kneel down and motion for Lucas to do the same.

"Ok remember how I told you Dad was in Heaven?" I feel my face burn up and my eyes well up with tears.

Timothy nodded with a look of confusion on his face.

"Well um-" I pause and feel my voice crack with emotion. I look to Lucas who comforts me by squeezing my hand. He places his other hand over Timothy's shoulders.

Lucas clears his throat, "I came back. I heard your wish Timothy. I'm here to take care of you and your mom."

Timothy looked at my tear-stained face and then at Lucas who had tears in his eyes as well.

"Timothy?" I asked trying to decipher what he was feeling. "Talk to us. What are you thinking?"

"Nothing. I just want to know why Ms. Bird was getting married to you." Timothy laughed and points to Lucas who kissed his little hand and Timothy smiled.

"I fell a long way down from Heaven and hurt my head. I forgot about everything, I didn't even remember who I was. But I kept this picture of your mom in my pocket and-uh Ms. Bird found me and let me stay with her." he takes out his wallet and shows Timothy the picture of me. His eyes widen.

"Mom, look that's you. That's you in the picture!" Timothy exclaimed. I cry and laugh at the same time and wipe my eyes. Timothy hugs Lucas and whispers in his ear.

"I knew you'd come back." He smiled.
So...you're my dad?" He inquired releasing Lucas from his embrace.

"Yeah. Sorry it took so long." Lucas smiled sheepishly.

"It's ok, you didn't know." Timothy shrugged.
                          <><><>
After dinner Lucas went home, but not without kissing me first. I laughed when he released me and he promised that he'd text me before I go to sleep. I closed the door as I watched him leave and see Timothy smirking at me.

"So when will he be moving in?" Timothy asked, quirking his eyebrows.

"What? I don't know! But I'm hoping soon." I shrug pushing his thick brown hair back from his forehead.

"It's been 5 years, how long do you expect him to wait?" Timothy crossed his arms.

"Ok it's late and you have to go to bed." I press his nose with mine and kissed my cheek.
_ _ _

After Timothy got into his pjs, I find
Timothy's door open to find him laying in bed reading a dinosaur book, "Hey kid." I smiled leaning my torso on the door frame. "Lights out." I turn off the lamp on his nightstand and bring his blankets over his shoulders. I tuck his Teddy bear in next to him. I put away the book he was reading on his shelf and clean up a few of the scattered toys on the floor. Timothy watches me silently and sighs.

"I could have taken it ya know, the truth." Timothy spoke up softly.

"I know, it's just-a part of me wanted to forget. That's why I didn't tell you. I was thinking of me not you." I sigh, regretfully.

"Why didn't you tell me he was my dad?" He asked.

"Because I didn't think I would see him ever again." I answered honestly.

"Did you ever wish he would come back?"

"All the time."

"Goodnight mom." Timothy yawned.

"Goodnight, kid."
_ _ _
I closed Timothy's door and went to put on my PJs.
Buzz-zzz
I quickly ran to my phone on the couch and saw to my disappointment that it was only a reminder for Eddie's Pizza special. I sigh and run my hands through my hair. I really needed to shower. I walk to my room and get my towel and clean pajamas and hear the sound of my phone buzz again. And drop my stuff and run to the side table where my phone was charging.

Lucas💗

L: Hi 😃

I smile down at my phone and reply back. 
                                                        Hey :M

L: Hi
                                         How are you? :M

L: ...Kinda sad actually 😞

                                  Why, are you ok? :M

L: Just missing you 😩

I place my phone over my heart and smile. Gosh he's still cute. I feel like I'm back in High School.

                                   I miss you too ☺️:M

L: Hey are you free
tomorrow?                             

                                   Yeah, I get off  :M
                                    work early at
                                                  2:30pm.

L: Ok, I'll pick you
up. Wear something
comfortable. 😁

                                        What are :M   you planning Huckleberry...

L: hehe you'll see 😜
L: I love you.

                                   I love you too:M

L: See you tomorrow.
Sweet dreams💫sleep well😴

                                            Goodnight :M

***
Thank you for 11k! Tried to finish this chapter fast cause all of you are asking me to update 😄 I will try and update again soon!
Make sure to comment your thoughts below!!