F i v e

Maya's POV

I looked at my clock on a Saturday morning, 9:08, good he's still asleep. I hopped out of bed and crept slowly to the kitchen and opened the fridge, I took out 2 cupcakes that I bought at the grocery store the day before. I grabbed a candle out of the kitchen cabinet and put it on the cupcake...aw Timothy's gonna love it! I put the cupcake behind my back, I putting my hair up in a ponytail so it won't catch on fire...I tiptoed into Timothy's room and kneeled down next to his bed.

"Timothy?" I said softly.

Timothy rubbed his puffy eyes and pulled his covers over his head, seconds later I see Timothy peaking his face out from under his sheets.

"Happy birthday!" I smiled displaying the cupcake.

Timothy jumped out of bed and had a big smile on his face.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Timothy, happy birthday to you!" I sang, "Make a wish, kid."

Timothy looked at his cupcake like he was about to do some sort of spell on it, he shut his eyes tightly and blew out his candle.

"Come on, let's go to the kitchen and get sprinkles!" I smiled grabbing Timothy's hand.

"What did you wish for?" I asked grabbing the sprinkles from the cabinet.

"Oh nothing." He smiled.

"Come on! I gave birth to you, it gives me some sort of right to knowing."

"Nope! You will find out when it comes true." He reassured.

"Ok.." I sighed eating my cupcake.

"What are we gonna do today?" Timothy asked with frosting on his face.

"It's a surprise." I smiled

Just then the phone rang.

"Hello? Hey Riles, he's right here." I said through the phone, "it's for you." I put the phone on speaker.

("R" is for Riley, "T" is for Timothy and "M" is Maya)

"Hello?" Timothy said wiping the frosting off his mouth.

R: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You're finally five! Aw I remember when you were so tiny! You were so adorable with these big green eyes! You looked like a little bean!

T: You're coming over for dinner later tonight right?

R: You bet!

M: You bring the appetizers...

R: I thought you were hosting?

M: Yeah...I bought cupcakes...

R: if I bring appetizers they are gonna be gluten-free.

M: Boy the stuff you gotta do.

R: Well I gotta go, I'm volunteering with the elderly...the good thing about them is if you fall they won't remember.

M: try not to fall, they remember more than you think...see you at 5:30!

R: Bye!