T w o

Maya's POV
"Oh come on Timothy, you've gone here before!"

"I don't wanna go! None of the kids like me." He peered at his shoes.

"Did they say that to you?" I asked concerned.

"No...but no one talks to me other than Ms. Bird."

"Oh sweetie, it's ok if it takes a while to make new friends. I didn't find Riley till I was 6!"

We were standing outside of his school, I kneeled down and looked into his green eyes.

"You will find a friend. You've only gone to preschool a few days! Just hang in there, kid."

Timothy sighed and nodded his head. He grabbed my hand and walked in his classroom.

"Timothy!" A tall brunette said as we walked in

"Hi Ms. Bird." He smiled.

I never truly met his preschool teacher before, in my defense Timothy's only been in school 3 days.

"Hi, I'm Maya, Timothy's mom." I smiled

"Oh hi! I'm Ms. Bird! It's nice to finally meet you!" She extended her arm to greet me.

I just smiled and shook her hand.

I knelt down next to Timothy and brushed the hair out of his eyes.

"Ok kid, have fun." I pressed my nose up to his and he scrunched his nose, he set his backpack down and joined the other kids

"Mom!" He turned around and places his hand on his heart signaling me to do the same...that's our sort of handshake. I placed my hand over my heart and smiled. I love that kid.
>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<
Sidewalk

Since Lucas isn't here anymore, I had to get a job. I work at John Quincy Adams Middle School...I know I know, I'm Feeny. But I really enjoy working there, I'm the art teacher. Shocker.

I open the double doors to the school and rushed to my classroom.

"Good morning! I would like to continue our cat drawing for the purple cat competition! We do this every year and I can't wait to see who wins this year!" I clasped my hands together with excitement.

The day went by pretty fast, before I knew it, it was time to pick up Timothy from school.
>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<
Walking home from his preschool

"Mommy?"

"Yeah kid?" I looked down at him as we walked down the street.

"Do I have a dad?" He looked up at me with squinting eyes from the glaring sun.

My heart stopped.

"Yes, you do." we stopped walking and I knelt down "he's in heaven. But he loved you very, very much." I smiled as I felt a tear slipped from my eye, I wiped the tear, and stood up, "What made you ask that?" 

He sighed "nothing, it's just-whenever you pick me up from school, I see other kids with a mommy and a daddy...I was just wondering if I had one too."