Chapter Fourteen (14)

Adrians p.o.v

I yawned, stretching my arms, as the rest of my body was curled next to Maxs' spooning him.

When my mom came back, she bought some wool socks for him, but she still said I have to stay with him over the night. Nina had also stayed, shes in the spare room.

I heard a whimper come from Max, and I pulled away from him. "Max?" I put my hand on his bare shoulder, another whimper. Pulling my hand away, my eyes racked down his back, and landed on a fairly long cut, the skin around it looked irritated.

There was only one name that came to my mind; Kameron.

It was later in the day, and we decided it would be better if Noah and Sencer just came to my house for the movie, so Noah was going to pick up Sencer and bring them both here, my Mom and Nina had agreed, so they went back to Ninas place for the entire day.

It stopped raining some time this morning, and Max had woken up, and is wrapped in my blanket on the couch. with a heater plugged in, blowing on him. He was whining lots about how he didnt need it, and he was warm enough, but Nina had none of that, and kept it on.

I didnt ask about the cut on his back, or why he left school. I wanted to, do get me wrong, but apparently he wouldnt tell anybody, so Nina, my Mom and I, are waiting until Sencer and Noah gets here, in case he tells Sencer.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he say up from the couch.

"Im going to get some pop corn, Im eating it all," he shrugged, he stood up, nearly wobbling for a second, then took his time walking from the living room to the kitchen.

"Max, I dont think thats a good idea," I stood up following him.

"Im OK, I can wa-" His sentence got cut of as one foot stepped to far into the other, and they caught on each other, I reached my arm out, wrapping on hand around his waist and the other grabbing the bowl so it wouldnt fall, I straightened us both back up, only to get pushed away from him, "Dont touch me!" He glared, narrowing his green-blue eyes at me from under his gray bangs.

"Why?" I asked, did Kameron touch him? I wanted to know what happened!

"Just leave me alone," He murmured in a childishly manner, walking to the kitchen.

"Is it that cut on your back?" I blurted out, "Who gave that to you?" I asked again.

"Its none of your business, now leave me alone," He said walking into the kitchen, "Wheres the popcorn?" I heard him say, so I walked in right after him, taking a box down, and out of the cupboard.

"You can tell me," I told him truthfully.

"I said, 'Go away' is that to hard for you to understand two simple words? I dont want to see you right now," he mumbled the last bit.

I didnt say anything after that, I just frowned slightly, I headed back for the living room, sitting down on the floor in front of the couch. Waiting any minute for the door bell to ring. I picked up the remote, contently shifting through the channels until I found a good show. I moved positions, and now laid relaxed on the floor, staring up at the TV, checking my phone casually seeing if Noah would text me back, the last text I got was:

Noah: Its so awkward.

So Im guessing their coming now.

When I heard the microwave beep, I pouted, I thought we where friends. I mean, thats what he said at his house right? Maybe its because i left him with Kameron. Even though he wont tell me, I do believe that the cut on his back, had something to do with him, and it was really ticking me off knowing that he wouldnt tell me.

I dont care if Kameron was my friend, he was hurting everybody. If Nina found out she would probably have my head, as well as my mom. Then they would stop being friends all because of me, and my reputation at school.

But do I really care? I mean, I never wanted to be like that-like Kameron-but it just happened. Hes played me into the wrong crowd. And it hurts me so much to see that its affecting the people I used to be friends with.

First Sencer, now Max?

I mean, they have to know some where, deep down in there hearts, I would never. Ever. Do anything to hurt either of them. I guess Sencer has the right to be scared and dislike me, Ive been shit to him ever since I started hanging out with Kameron.

And my dog.

Max.

Maxwell.

I think I called Max Maxwell, when I found him in the rain, and he looked at me when I did.

I guess, ever since Max has got here and has gotten some how involved in my life, I gave up on Max--my dog Max--I think I might have replaced him, and some where I think its hurting me, but I cant feel it because of Max-the human-I feel like, some how hes got me tied around his finger in a good way, if he needs anything Ill do it, if he needs a shoulder to cry on, Ill be there. If he needs help in school. Hell, Ill be there.

He makes me feel, awesome, bright. Its like hes the reason I want to wake up in the morning. The reason I want to jack off, but I say 'No' because it would be weird to moan Maxs' name in the shower.

Truthfully and honestly, I believe Im getting feelings for Max.

Am I scared to accept them? A little.

Should I tell somebody? Yes.

But who? Who would I be able to tell, and then have them not judge me.

Its like Max brings out this feeling in me, what only my dog could. The feeling for belonging, and the feeling of being able to love.

I looked over my shoulder to see Max walk in with a bowl of popcorn.

"Try not to eat all that too," I said, just as the door bell rang.

Before I walked down toward the door, I caught a glimpse of Maxs' bright red face.

Cute.

____________________________________________________________________________

Little? Indeed.

Song - Take Care

Buttt hope you Enjoyzzz :D