Two years later

Today is Austin and I's two year anniversary. Ugh I remember the wedding like it was yesterday. I wore a white lace dress that flows out.

It was more than I ever thought I'd ever get. Growing up I expected to die or something. As a kid this would be a fairy tale princess type of thing.

Everyone was there. Well everyone I knew from his side. Everyone I grow close to for sure. Even celebrities were there.

God I just love this man. He does everything for me and I just I'd be so lost without him.

///////

Today God granted us a wonderful anniversary gift. Due to me not being able to have kids we were put on a waiting list for adoption. Last month they said we were at the top of the list.

We finished signing all the papers and Mrs. June is about to bring him out. He was found last week in an abandoned home.

His name is Josiah James. However we had his last name changed this morning. I'm so excited to get him. We went right when we got back from the honeymoon to the adoption center. Two years we've waited.

The door opened and a little boy came walking out with Mrs. June. He looked scared but who could blame him. He was left.

Austin and I squatted down to his level.

"Hi Josiah I'm your new daddy" Austin smiled with his arms out.

Josiah slowly started walking towards us.

"Hi sweetie" I smiled.

Once I'd said something he took a step back. This is where my bad luck kicks in again.

"Come on it's ok we got you" Austin said.

We walked towards us a grabbed Austins hand.

////////

We took him home and made him mac 'n cheese for dinner. He at it slowly, after he inspected it first.

"Ready for bed honey" I asked him.

He said nothing just nodded. He jumped down from his stool and walked up the stairs slowly. He looked scared and he observed everything as he walked.

Austin and I tucked him into bed together and tried to make him comfortable.

"Alright sweetie so if you need anything we are right next door. If you need anything just come to us" I smiled.

He nodded.

"Goodnight baby I promise I will love you" I said.

I couldn't hug him like I wanted to. He had to stepped back when I said something to him earlier. I want to give him time to bond first.

"Goodnight little man see you tomorrow" Austin said.

He just nodded. As Austin and I walked towards our bedroom we heard him behind us.

"Josiah would you like to sleep with us tonight" I asked.

He nodded.

"Alright honey let's go" I smiled.

Austin and I continued walking with him following behind. We got into bed and he laid against the headboard with his knees to my chest.

I asked if he wanted to lay down but he shook his head no.