Nothing Like This - Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen

Dear Soldier,

I read your letter, and I have to say… well I don’t know what to say, it’s just so wonderful. Just so you know, yes. Yes I will marry you©, I’d like nothing less. I love you so much Soldier.

How is everyone? Is Lilly doing okay? Give her a kiss for me©

Soldier I know for a fact that I won’t be coming back… let’s just say, well my temper got the best of me when confronted by Aro.

Soldier I will tell you my location so you at least know where I am. Okay?

Okay so you go down the street from my front door about 4-5 blocks, turn to your left, into the woods and keep going until you see the mountain. There is a large cave at the base of the mountain this is where I am being held.

Please, please just don’t do anything to provoke Aro if you do come and end up encountering him.

I know you don’t really understand why I left I just thought that it would help to keep you guys safer. They’ve been after me all along, not you. I was not going to stand by and let them hurt you while they tried to get to me. I left to keep you safe… and well, I know that even if I’d stayed I would have refused to give Lilly up, I know that refusing them would result in them killing me and those who try to protect me. I just wanted to keep all of you safe from them.

I hope you understand Soldier.

I will always love you,

-Love Mrs. Emily Jacobs©©

I put the pen down and fold the letter in half. I hand the letter to Evan and say, “Please, get this to Anne as soon as you can,”

Evan nods, putting the letter into his pocket.

“Thank you Evan,” I say through a yawn, rubbing my eyes.

Evan smiles, “You should get some rest Emily you must be so tired,”

I smile and lie down, wrapping the blanket around me.

Before falling asleep I look over to Evan and say sleepily, “Thank you Evan,”

He smiles and nods to me, sitting against the wall.

While I’m asleep Evan goes back to my house. Then, following the instructions that I gave him, Evan goes to find Anne.

Evan runs through the woods, going over the hills, eventually getting to the camp. He goes to Anne’s tent as quickly as he can, telling her that he is here for Anne.

“Well I’m Anne. Welcome to our camp, what can I do for you?” Anne says, inviting him into her tent.

Evan nervously clears his throat, “Umm… well I’m here as a messenger from Emily. I was told to give you this,” he hands her the letter.

Anne looks at the letter, reading it over before looking back to Evan, “I appreciate this sir. If you would like I will take you to meet her family,” Anne says, leading him out of the tent.

Evan smiles at the idea, “Of course. Please take me,”

Anne smiles leading Evan to the tent.

Soldier is pacing the tent nervously, crying uncontrollably. Mom and Dad are trying to calm him down, while Kalona keeps watch over Lilly.

“Guys we got a letter!!” Anne says, entering the tent. “We also have… a visitor to see you. He is the one who brought the letter,”

Evan enters the tent, looking around the tent nervously.