Nothing Like This - Chapter 3

Chapter Three

There on either side of the doorframe, 5 long jagged claw marks. I turn to the others.

“Did anyone see him???”

They all chatter amongst themselves, become silent and shake their heads.

“How long has he been here? It could not have been that long! Firelexis you stay here with everyone,” I turn to Organization 13, “Guys, make sure he doesn’t get to her, keep her safe!”

I say in an alarmed tone, “He could be anywhere,”

I look all over the basement first. I look in every possible hiding place. I find no one.

I run up the stairs and check the main floor. Again, I find no one.

There is only one floor left, I run up the stairs.

I pause at the top of the stairs, listening for any movement. I hear a faint shuffle. I move carefully around the second floor. I look in the bathroom, laundry room, and guest bedroom in every possible place that I can think of. No sign of him.

There is only one room left, my bedroom. I move quietly, careful not to make any noise.

I enter the bedroom, looking around myself.

I look for any sign of where he could be. I see more claw marks on the closet door.

As I go to open the door, I stop. Kalona would never leave such an obvious clue to where he is... oh no!

Suddenly I feel the point of a sword touch my back.

"Well done Alicia.... you found me," Kalona says.

"You will never get to her Kalona!" I say angrily, closing my eyes.

As I already know, Kalona knows exactly how to kill vampires just like him. He leaves blood on the blade of his sword. It stains the metal and acts as a weapon to vampires.

This sword has been stained for many years, causing it to look red in color.

Kalona puts more pressure on the sword, bringing the sword even closer to my skin.

Kalona says angrily, through gritted teeth, "Where is she?!?"

"I will never tell you where she is!!!" I say angrily.

Kalona drives his sword into my back

I close my eyes and scream as I am overcome with pain.

I fall to the ground.

Kalona looks down at me, frowning. He says coldly, "You could have prevented this," Kalona leaves out the window again.

I lay there, my eyes closed.

Soldier heard the fight and rushes up the stairs, only to find me, lying on the floor of my bedroom, a huge gash in the middle of my back.

The cut is bleeding out and I start to black-out.

The last thing I saw was Soldier at my side.

“How long will it take?” Soldier says, watching as Roxas attempt to fix the large gaping wound in my back.

Roxas focuses on disinfecting and cleansing the wound, “I don’t know Soldier. It could take a few days… just give her the time, she’s been through so much,”

Soldier sighs, “Alright. Thank you Roxas,”

Roxas nods, getting a needle and thread out of his pockets.

He motions for someone to go get something to sterilize the needle.

One of the members comes back with a bottle of hydrogen peroxide.