Nothing LIke This - Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve

I run as fast as I can through the streets, hoping and praying that I can get to the house before the Elders might get to my parents.

I see a couple standing hesitantly at the sidewalk in front of my house, having a conversation.

I stop suddenly, nearly tripping over my own feet.

They both stare at me. The woman has long light brown hair and hazel eyes. The man has blonde hair and brown eyes. They are both dressed semi-formal; the woman wearing a blue dress shirt and black skirt; the man wearing a black dress shirt and a pair of blue jeans.

“W-would you two be Nicholas and Faith McKay?” I say, trying to catch my breath.

They exchange worried glances and the woman says, “Yes that’s us. Who are you? How do you know us?”

“I’m… your daughter,” I say, smiling.

They gasp in shock, their jaws dropped in shock.

Faith comes forward finally finds her voice, stuttering, “E-Emilia? I-is that r-really you?”

Tears form in my eyes, “Yes,”

Faith smiles, tears falling down her rosy cheeks and without a word, wrap me in her arms hugging me.

I look at Nicholas he is smiling, soon joining the hug.

After a few moments we finally release, wiping tears from our eyes. I apologize to them both, “I’m so sorry that I ran away… I was angry for no reason and shouldn’t have run off. I’m so sorry,”

“Emilia all that matters is that we’ve found you. We never stopped looking for you. Night after night we told ourselves that you would come home that we would find you. And now, after all these years, we’ve found you!” Nicholas says, hugging Faith’s waist.

I look around, feeling a chill down my back. I hug Lilly close, feeling her muscles tense up, “Come with me. I want you to meet some people that are very important to me,”

“Alright, where are we going?” Nicholas asks.

“To a campground, we should be there in a little while. I have a question for you two first,”

Faith looks at me, “What is it?”

I see something out of the corner of my eye, “How fast can you two run?”