Nothing LIke This - Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

I sigh, “Yes, she is doing fine. I’m worried though, what will they say when I decide to tell them?”

Kalona smiles kindly and says, “If they are real friends they will understand,”

“I guess so,” I sigh “I am worried for the baby. Do you think she’ll have your bloodlust… or my sense of control?”

Kalona hugs me gently, “We won’t know that until she is older, but we will have to teach her about what she is and what a danger she can be to other children,”

“We can teach her that when she is older. When she can understand what is going on…”

I look back towards the front door, “I need to at least tell him…”

Kalona laughs a bit, “Of course, go tell Soldier. He’ll be quite surprised. By the way… where have you been keeping her… somewhere safe?”

“I’ve been keeping her in the small nursery that I built in the house that I am staying in now. No one has found her yet. I need to go check on her, when I left she was napping,” I keep my eyes on the door.

Kalona smiles, “I’ll take you if you’d like,”

I look at him, “It would be faster than running all the way… alright Kalona. Take me there,”

“Hold on,” he cradles me in his arms and takes off to the sky, back to the house.

Jamal leads Hailey up stairs, noticing that my bedroom door is wide open.

“Soldier, are you in here?” Jamal calls walking down the hall towards the bedroom.

It is quiet for a moment then a reply, “I’m in here guys…”

Entering the bedroom Jamal sees Soldier, sitting quietly on my bed.

He looks up for a brief moment than says quietly, “Hey guys…”

Jamal walks up to him and sits in a chair beside him, “What was that all about? What did you read in that book?”

Soldier shakes his head, “It was… a birth certificate. A girl, the name was Lilly Anne McKay. Born on February 13th, 2009”

Jamal frowns, “But she never… wouldn’t we have noticed?”

“I guess not…” Soldier replies getting up from the bed.

Jamal stands up with him, wondering, “How old would the little girl be now? No more than a couple months old…”

Soldier shakes his head in disbelief, “I would have noticed it. I would have heard something,”

“Unless she kept it secret from us for a reason,” Hailey says, taking the birth certificate in her hands. After scanning it for information she stops and says, “There… that is why she is keeping the baby secret,”

Soldier takes it and looks at the father’s name, Kolan A.

“Don’t you see? Kolan A is an anagram for Kalona!” Hailey says, pointing to the name.

They all become silent, staring at the certificate. All of them frightened and wondering where the child could be now.

I laugh, remembering how much fun it was to have Kalona fly me everywhere.

Kalona laughs, “Do I amuse you?”

“No. I just remembered how much fun this was!” I say, feeling the cool wind hit my face. I point to the house, “See it?”